Uniden dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AceB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Sussex, UK
I've been offered a dish, it's mine FOC if I dismantle it so hard to refuse an offer like that! The current owner says it's a 4 panel mesh 3.0m or maybe 3.2m and he thinks it was made by (or at least sold as) Uniden. I'm in the UK and there's very little experience of C band over here, I've tried searching the obvious terms for any more info on it but have drawn a blank so thought I'd ask here if they sold such a thing?

Yes show us some pictures of it, if you have any. Uniden made several receivers. I have never heard of a Uniden dish. A company called Unimesh made dishes.

This is where it gets slightly complicated, I do have one low res photo of it but at some point in the past the sections were covered with steel panels that were formed to the same curve as the original mesh so there's not many clues in the photo but I'll post it anyway. It does come with an Ajak H180 too so it's worth persuing.

Attachments

• dish5.jpg
    dish5.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 314
But looking closely I can see the "Uniden" dish has 20 segments. The UniMesh has 16. I have a "Laser" that has 18 segments, but I don't know one with 20.

Reactions: AceB
Bit of a mystery then, I hadn't actually thought about counting segments to compare but I'll trawl some old BUD pics later to see if I can find a match. Either way I'm going to take him up on the offer as it's too good a deal to miss and only about an hour away from me.

Reactions: Magic Static
For sure! Go get it. When you do figure it out or when you get it and have it up close maybe you can find a name on it or take better pictures and maybe collectively we can figure it out. :)
Looks like a nice dish.

Googleing "unimesh satellite dish" finds this image. It appears to be a 20 segment dish and the lnb support arms appear to attach slightly inside the outer perimeter the same as the op's image. Unimesh?

23.jpg

I reckon you could be right, that's a brand name that seems to appear quite a bit in searches so hopefully it's a good dish. As an indication of how rare these are in the UK I've been playing with sat tv since the mid 80s and have travelled quite a bit around the country but can only recall seeing one 3m mesh dish. I'll update the thread once I've got it and then hopefully start the refurb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts