Universal LNB frequencies question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The main reason I am using a universal is the .4 rating (I had a .5 and a .6 that I was using)

Iceberg said:
only one I can see that is universal is PAS9...all the rest are regular KU band

There is TVRi on i905 (used to be on i903) and occasional feeds pop up that are using lower band.

Iceberg

I am sure you will come to the conclusion: "Why use a standard 0.5 or 0.6 dB KU band LNBF, when you can use a UNIVERSAL 0.4 or 0.3 KU band LNBF which will get me all the signals that the STANDARD will get plus:

1- More channels
2- Lower noise figure, which translates into better signal gain and quality of anyweher between 10-20%."

No brainer. :D

vj9999 said:
There is TVRi on i905 (used to be on i903) and occasional feeds pop up that are using lower band.

cant see that far east...I'm in MN

best I can do is 37.5 (T11)

Exactely Sadoun. I have a universal 0.3db and I get signals much better. I have never had any problems with it..maybe thats just dumbluck though.

This is the first time I have heard of any probs with a universal, however others say they are tempermental. Also in icebergs case with his setup,analog etc.. I understand his problems. Like a few posts before, I set mine to standard lnbf and set freq to 10600 and thats it. I think thats where the confusion was....if you set it to universal, it automatically switches.

Great posts for me, didn't even know switching occured.
Hope you figure it out iceberg.

went home and changed the LNB frequency on all my satellites except for PAS9 to 10600 and now it doesn't take forever to scan :)

What was weird is when I did SBS6, Ohio News is the first TP in memory and it worked with the LO at 9750 22k off and at LO 10600 22k on :)

sharris said:
talked with some of my other FTA enthusiasts (the experts I like to call them). One of them stated the following. I also posed the entire issue with them and am waiting for their reply.

I quote" you can think of "universal" LNB as being two seperate LNB's in one case.. one for the low part of the band and the other for the high part )although that's not 100% correct).

the universal LNB uses two seperate LO frequencies and depending upon the status of the 22K tone it knows what LO to use and what part of the band to block convert and send into your receiver..

however.. if the receiver is properly configured it will know when to turn the 22K tone on and off and what LO to use automatically.

that's why many receivers have options to set High LO, Low LO and a changeover frequency.. those all need to be set correctly if you expect things to work transparently..

if your receiver just has a "universal LNB" setting where you can't change anything it's most likey assuming a 9750/10600 dual LO LNB.. other LO combinations (like dual LO 10000/10750 LNBs) won't work unless you can manually change those settings within the receiver.."

Hope at least some of this helped, I honestly had no idea that this was how a universal worked. I will post once I recieve word back from the experts on this end.

You spoke with? I don't think so. That information was directly copied and posted from another forum, and from and individual I'm fairly certain you didn't 'speak' with. And also someone whom I know wouldn't appreciate his efforts and information being pasted and posted at will and not given the credit for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)