Universal not leaving HD DVD

Nowhere in that statement is anything resembling a denial that they will now release on Blu-ray.

I thought the big question was whether they would go neutral, not whether they would still release on HD DVD. This doesn't answer that.

How many times is the same statement going to be posted? They say "current" which could easily become "our new plan...."

I would not be surprised if Universal and Paramount continue to release HD-DVD throughout 2008. They may as well keep their customers happy a while longer. If mail order works, keep them going. I just see them both releasing BD by the end of the year. If all the major retailers sell off their HD-DVD stock they will want to tap the BD market.

This has already been posted in another thread, booooooooooooo hissssssssss, wah wah wah!! :river

stomping my feet loudly.

******* hypocrite. Upset I beat ya to posting this article in the other thread??

Anyways, yes HDDVD fans can rejoice, they retain two studios(which noone every disputed) while BD will absorb all :smug , and the retailers will make their call.

Drink the koolaid boys

UH-OH, Folks this was annouced that Universal WAS going BD, not only that but it was annouced on some TV stations just last night. I'm not saying it's false or not but if it is false then a lot of TV stations will have to do major corrections.

Deja Vu anyone? Does the admissions from Universal and Paramont sound familiar? Warner expoused the very same type of statements for three months before pulling the plug on HD-DVD. And they say History repeats itself -- hummm?

Deja Vu anyone? Does the admissions from Universal and Paramont sound familiar? Warner expoused the very same type of statements for three months before pulling the plug on HD-DVD. And they say History repeats itself -- hummm?
If thats the case then the war isnt over. How many times did SOny announce it was over in the past?

hum never had seafood bisque but i sure do love Lobster bisque!:hungry:

which one was it on Seinfeld?

Pretty sure it was lobster. I think the conversation was something like this:

Elaine: "I've yada-yada-ed sex before... we went to dinner, I had a lobster bisque, yada yada yada, I went home."

Jerry: "But you yada-yada-ed the best part!"

Elaine: "No, I didn't, I mentioned the bisque."

The question now becomes, when does HD-DVD get relegated to nothing more than yada, yada, yada.... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)