Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Got a BEC 6600 today (they threw this in with a Coolsat 5000 & Pansat 2500 clone for dirt cheap)....anyway got no remote for it

Is there a Universal that will work or where can I get a replacement?

shoot...his site shows a big red X as available
:(

Remotes Controls

I can do almost everything with the controls on the front. I can enter the frequency info (it shows 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and you scroll to the number and hit "ok" to enter the info)

but I need the remote to do a couple options...might try one of the universals I have here

Nope. Sure don't. Chaintech has not made the DB6600 or DB6600+ model for a long while and remotes have not been available for the past 6 years or so....

BUT.... I may have one in the tech room that we used to use with receivers that I can possibly send your way. I will check with James on Monday and see if he can find it, dust it off and I'll get it out to you....

:up

I have a spare remote for a SatnSound or ADTH ir6600. I have no idea if it would work but thought I would throw it out there as the model # is similar.

Nope. Sure don't. Chaintech has not made the DB6600 or DB6600+ model for a long while and remotes have not been available for the past 6 years or so....
thats what I figured. I saw a BEC receiver at a customers home about 4 years ago and it looked "old" then ;)

BUT.... I may have one in the tech room that we used to use with receivers that I can possibly send your way. I will check with James on Monday and see if he can find it, dust it off and I'll get it out to you....

:up
sweet. Please let me know either way if you could :)

If you can wait till the end September when I'm back in Europe I'll post you a BEC 6800 remote which is the same as the BEC 6600, the model difference was CI and cam slot.

can you post a pic of it?
Here they are. I did look at a picture of the BEC6600 and it looks nothing like my ADTH but then again I couldn't find a universal remote that would work with it either.

Attachments

• 2009_0823July09_30023.JPG
    2009_0823July09_30023.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 319
Got it!!!!!

James just pulled out 1 remote control for the DB6600 series. It's actually not in a bad shape. I'll wipe off the dust and stick it in the mail today.

Happy Monday Morning.

Harmony remotes would probably do it, but one may cost more than all that stuff you mentioned there!
Maybe but hell a Harmony will control everything he has or will get in the future making it a damn good investment...I have found the Harmony in every instance work BETTER than the original anyway...

Yup...I second the motion to get a Harmony...I have 3 of them for different rooms and they are worth every penny and then some...And setup really couldn't be easier...

Harmony remotes would probably do it, but one may cost more than all that stuff you mentioned there!

wouldnt that be like putting a fresh coat of paint on a house that got hit by a tornado? :D

Why would I spend more money on a remote than probably the last 5 receivers I purchased total ;)

Well Ice the remote works ALOT more than your receivers alone. The TV the sound system etc. The convienence of having only one remote and one button to turn everything off or on.

I felt as you do once. Once I thought about all the money I wasted over the years on 'universal' remotes that still only operated some functions not all, it was an easy choice. I just hated to spend the $60 on a remote. That was the hardest part and my first Harmony. After I got it I seriously wanted to kick myself for not getting one years ago.

Then the 'universal' remote in the bedroom was worn out and my wife wanted (needed) it replaced. So I went to Amazon and got a 'refurbished' remote for $45 shipped; same exact model as my living room remote and works just as well. The wife loves it only having one button to push.

So I see what you mean with the paint after a tornado analogy but ultimately disagree for the simple fact that the Harmony controls so much you are future proofed. :)

I dont have a home theatre system :)

I've only got a **few** remotes on the living room table
-TV remote (not used very often)
-Starchoice remote that controls TV too
-Coolsat 5000
-Coolsat 8000
-Hard Drive/DVD recorder (2 of those...same remote)
-Quali-TV

When I used VCR's there were ALOT more :)

edit: found a few old pictures of my setup...had
-TV
-Coolsat 4000
-Toshiba Analog
-VCR
-VCR 2
-VCR 3
-Dish receiver
-Starchoice
-VCR 4
-VCR 5
-VCR 6
-KUsat
-Viacast

damn used lots of VCR's back then :)

And you could have controlled literally all 13 and had room left over for 2 more devices. ;)

Thats cool brother. Just a well intentioned thought. I'm off to put a third antenna on my roof getting ready for OTA football season. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.