Universal remote recommendation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gittist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Can anyone recommend a true universal remote control?

So, I sit with 6 remote controls when things really boring and I’m trying to find something to watch.

My 6 remotes:

Samsung TV remote – used for volume and changing source i.e. FTA/Roku, Android, Samsung+ channels, or DishTV.

Android remote– Runs the Android box and Android volume. The Android is good for applications that don’t run well on the Roku or Samsung+, and Google Play apps.

Roku remote – Runs the Roku and that’s it.

Sony sound bar remote – Runs the sound bar because the TV sound sucks.

Pansat remote for the Linxbox. It might run the sound on the TV but that sound isn’t very good.

And then there’s the DishTV remote that will run the DishTV box and TV.

Why so many remotes at one sitting? That’s so I can try to find something on one of the other sources while I’m doing a FTA blind scan.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Look for a learning remote. I have one that is preprogrammed to work my TV, audio receiver and old GI receiver. I then taught it to work my multi-region DVD player plus two other FTA satellite receivers.

Harmony. No doubt the best option. Easy to program online.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWS44
Can anyone recommend a true universal remote control?

So, I sit with 6 remote controls when things really boring and I’m trying to find something to watch.

My 6 remotes:

Samsung TV remote – used for volume and changing source i.e. FTA/Roku, Android, Samsung+ channels, or DishTV.

Android remote– Runs the Android box and Android volume. The Android is good for applications that don’t run well on the Roku or Samsung+, and Google Play apps.

Roku remote – Runs the Roku and that’s it.

Sony sound bar remote – Runs the sound bar because the TV sound sucks.

Pansat remote for the Linxbox. It might run the sound on the TV but that sound isn’t very good.

And then there’s the DishTV remote that will run the DishTV box and TV.

Why so many remotes at one sitting? That’s so I can try to find something on one of the other sources while I’m doing a FTA blind scan.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Seems like you could drop some by enabling the Android remote to control TV/Soundbar volume, using an arc input for your soundbar, if you have that ability so the TV controls the soundbar instead of the TV speakers. The Dish remote can run the TV power and soundbar volume, too.

I have Sony TV, Polk Soundbar system, and Nvidia Sheild Pro and the only remote I ever use is the Sony Remote. It runs everything. It's a little laggy on the Sheild but it runs it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts