This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Universal remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

krolmec

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
Looking for a good universal remote to control my hr20, sony surround sound, and Samsung DVD recorder. I was looking at the Harmony. Does any one have any suggestions on specific models? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Looking for a good universal remote to control my hr20, sony surround sound, and Samsung DVD recorder. I was looking at the Harmony. Does any one have any suggestions on specific models? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I picked up a Harmony 720 at Costco. I really like it. I've been using a Pronto 200 for several years and IMHO the Harmony puts it to shame.

I have 3 Harmony's and love them all. They are probably the most wife-friendly remote available. The 880 is nice for its rechargeable battery and color display. I use a 688 in the bedroom. I also have a 659 that I am not using and would sell at a good price; PM me if interested.

Maybe the best part of Harmony is its support. I've had reps stay on the line for more than an hour, working to fine-tune my remotes.

Check out www.remotecentral.com for info on anything you consider a candidate. It's a great site.

I use the URC RF-10 for my R-15, I like it a lot.

I don't know if it will work with the HR20, but it should, plus you can teach it any remote.:up

I am using the Harmony 880 universal remote with the HR20-700, works great, and does a good job with the other components as well.

Harmony 880 works great for HR20, AV, and TV. Some functions are a little hard to get to, and the buttons are rather small, other than that, no complaints, very easy to program and the wife loves it!

I have a Universal MX-500. It does everything I need it to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.