Universal remotes and dish 622

CUBldr97

Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
I am trying to figure out if any of the new programable universal remotes out there will work with dish boxes. IE do they do UHF and IR.

I am not extremely tech savey and need on eof those easy to use/program remotes for the wife and kids.

Suggestions please.

I'm sure there are plenty of universal remotes you can pick up that will work with your 622. Problem is, they may not have all the buttons necessary to use all of its features.

So I suggest looking into one of the logitech harmony remotes. I have the 880 and it works really good with my 622. Easy to program. And easy for the family to use.

As for RF, the harmony 890 is RF, but it won't interface with TV2. Just TV1.

I have the H/K TC30 harmony remote and it works beautifully w/ my 622 on TV1. Never tried it w/ TV2 though. HAs all the buttons you need. I am extremly happy w/ my remote. High recomend it.:)

I've used the Harmony 880 with my 622. You can program the buttons to perform all of the tasks that the Dish remote can. Works flawlessly with all of my components, it actually works better with my Sony pieces than the original Sony remotes. Great customer service, no long waits, swapped my charger stand after a year with no questions asked.

My comments are exactly the same as kimmichael44.

After 5 months, my 880 had a bad "IR emitter". Tech support was great. They had me verify (using a digital camera) that the emitter was bad, and 2 days later my replacement remote arrived.

The 880 "learned" the DVR and SWAP buttons from the 622 remote and I was able to program activities to control all of my AV devices.....

I use a Harmony 880 with my ViP622, a JVC receiver, a JVC DVD 7 disc player, a JVC HDTV, and at times, LG & Sony equipment.

It works great. It's the only remote I need. You program it online by listing your equipment. Very simple. I went thru several cheaper remotes that never did get fully programmed. I should have bought the 880 first.

I asked Leslie once about IR control for TV2, she said it's something they're working on but no idea when it will be done.

No one ever seems to pay much attention when I mention this, but a One For All 8820 is what I use for all my home theater components, and it can be programmed or taught to do anything! It's not hard to program, has lots of support, several macro's, the only problem most people have with it is it only costs about $15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)