Universal remotes with Directv equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcfehn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Indiana
I use the Logitech Harmony One Remote to control all of my video and audio components. With my Directv install just a week away, I decided to hook the remote up to my computer and see if it would find and try to install the controls for the HR24 which is what I assume will be the receiver-DVR I get with my system. After searching..the remote software came back and said it did not find an exact match. I assume this is because the HR24 is so new. Anyone have insight on this?

I added an HR24 and use it with my Harmony One. I had an HR20-700 in there before. I totally forgot to change the settings on my Harmony One for the HR24. It works fine with the HR20 codes....

I added an HR24 and use it with my Harmony One. I had an HR20-700 in there before. I totally forgot to change the settings on my Harmony One for the HR24. It works fine with the HR20 codes....
+1. same thing i did. works fine :up

Jimbo said:
What HD DVR's are you talking about ?
There are MAJOR differences in the HR24 and all other D* HD DVRS

Yep. Agree 100% with Jimbo. Not even close IMO......and Direct would not be getting one customer back if they were the same. lol

Like I said, other than the guts and the color (physical differences) of the receivers, they are the same when it comes to programming and how they are viewed onscreen.

Like I said, other than the guts and the color (physical differences) of the receivers, they are the same when it comes to programming and how they are viewed onscreen.

Sooooo what you are saying is the GUI is the same. True, but the speed of it is FAR different from an HR24 to say an HR21......

There isn't much left if you take the guts and the physical appearance away, thats pretty much EVEYTHING.

I just had D* installed today, connected my Harmony 670 and added the HR 24 to my system. It works fine. I put a space between HR and 24, could that have been your problem with it? Not sure if spacing matters or not. The 670 is an older remote, a peanut shape, but I love it. It's my 2nd remote btw, my daughter threw the 1st against the floor in a fit of pique. She graciously (hehehehe) bought the 2nd.
Bob

I have used my Harmony 880 with a HR20, HR21 and HR24 and didn't need to make any changes in the setup. I think all of the Directv-branded receivers other than Directivos use the same remote codes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)