Unstable strength signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
First of all, Happy New Year, everyone!

What would make the strength signal act erratically on a Coolsat 8000 HD?

I notice that sometimes, when I am in the middle of moving the dish manually via the motor (because the system requires resetting often, maybe a related problem?), the strength meter (Quality is at 0%, as I'm between sats) acts up, even when the dish *not* moving. It sits at 45%, then it jumps to 99% without me doing anything. If I move the dish while it's at 45%, no signal is found. Then it stabilizes at 91% or so, signal is found, it remains stable as long as it's locked on a sat. Is this a bad LNB? Bad connection? Why don't I lose signal while I'm watching tv, then? Any ideas? :confused:

If the meter flashes some quality while the dish is moving, maybe it's just picking up some errant signals from other satellites as it passes by them. Other than that, no clue.

I always look for the easy (aka "cheap") fixes first, check your connections, wiggle all of them a little (inside and outside) while someone is watching the meters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)