Unusual Timeshift on 97W & 101W !?!?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
Hopefully somebody has an answer to this strange issue...

A few days ago I substituted my Pansat 9200HD with a Captive Works 600SP while I work on the 9200HD. The CW600SP is driving a motorized 90cm Ku dish and switching between the Tri-LNB's on my 8 ft BUD. All is well, getting all the SD channels as I do with the 9200HD but one very unusual thing I noticed just yesterday is the the CW stb is somehow time shifting between the 97W (11842 H) freq and the 101W (11822 H) freq. The 97W 11842 is broadcasting 2 hours behind the 101W 11822 (current time) while my CS6100p (in my test room) is showing both in the current time, both TP times are the same as it always has been. I've never seen this before.

I'm not aware of doing any thing out of the ordinary when setting up the CW receiver except for that the 101W 11822 3ABN channel was already in it's channel list, I did have to scan in the new 97W TP 11842 because it was not in the channel list since the last time I used the CW600SP.

Any ideas???

I rather like it like this so I can watch shows I missed 2 hours earlier. :)

Corrado, you may have a point here, I might have scanned at a particular time of when they were tweaking on this 97W bird that shifted the time and I just happened to capture it. Wish I knew more about "time shifting" and what's inside the signals to know exactly what happened only for curiosity sake.

Both the AMC4 TP 11822 and the Galaxy19 TP 11842 transmit a time table PID in the transponder PMT, which defines the time that is displkayed by your receiver. The table is defined as TDT PID. Both frequencies are correctly referencing GMT.

Most consumer set top boxes grab time from the transponder that it is tuned to. This may happen instantly or after sitting on the channel for a few minutes. Often the uplinker does not correctly reference GMT and then the STB displays the incorrect time.

On the GEOSATpro DVR1100c and the DSR100c / 200c units we reference the time referenmce from the channel which is in channel position #1. This allows the useage of timers to trigger channel changes and/or recordings. When receivers reference time from the specific channel that they are tuned to, the timer function is defeated as the time may shift depending on the channel tuned.

Brian and rv1, it wasn't the time I'm referring to, I actually had separate broadcasts, yes! I couldn't believe my eyes! I checked the 3ABN TV schedule and sure enough, I was watching programs scheduled 2 hours earlier on the 97W 11842 and the 101W was upto current time, two separate times! I don't have the CW hooked up now because I put my Pansat 9200HD back in service but I haven't touched a thing on the CW, I'm leaving like it is to investigate for another time, when I have the time :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts