Upcoming Amiko A3 - Which Color Do You Prefer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would hesitate to bill this as a 422 HD stb yet. Me making it work with a couple north american transport streams on a bench at Amiko in Budapest doesn't translate into all perfect and good to go. For all we know what I did to my nodded sample could have broken every other feed type in NA. Europe has no need for 422 nor is there any live on satellite I can test here. The codec/GPU configuration that works for 422 may not make it into release configuration. Then again if it works good when I get back to USA it could end up only being in the NA version or a special ROM. Too early to say and 422 is not the highest priority on anyone's list. I've got way better things that actually have tons of watchable TV working for USA/Canada right now. ;)

Thanks for the clarification Joe. :)

Black... Radiates heat a bit more efficiently. Otherwise either color looks great.

I like the red one. Just to be different.
But I am concerned that the thing is a google box that phones home.
I have found that it’s extremely difficult to stop connections to google because of the extremely large chunk of IP addresses they own.

Dee Ann, it is a google box and like any android/google product it records your brainwaves and sends to NSA when you sleep. Even the voice controls (just like amazon Gary busey) are tied to google and internet. If you are scared of the internet you don't want this box or anything else with Ethernet and apps.

Reactions: jdc270
It's white not silver. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts