Upcoming Directv Slimline Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directvfan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
Virginia
I have a Directv slimline installation scheduled on 8/2/10. Here's the specifications. 1 HD DVR receiver and 1 HD receiver. If the Slimline dish is installed where my current Dish 1000.4 is, the approximate cable run is 125-150 feet. What extra equipment, if any, will be needed for this length of a cable run from the dish to the receivers? Please help.

They'll probably use a SWM lnb and only one cable run is needed from dish to inside the house. They will use a 4 way splitter inside the house, one run to the HD-DVR and another one to the HD receiver from the splitter to receivers.

This thread should be moved to the Tech forum.

Last edited:
They'll probably use a SWM lnb and only one cable run is needed from dish to inside the house. They will use a 4 way splitter inside the house, one run to the HD-DVR and another one to the HD receiver from the splitter to receivers.

This thread should be moved to the Tech forum.
I also have a new installation coming up and will have 2 HD receivers and 4 SD receivers. Will it be the same installation except for a different switch?

I also have a new installation coming up and will have 2 HD receivers and 4 SD receivers. Will it be the same installation except for a different switch?

If they use SWM, they will use an 8 way switch instead of a 4 way for the 8 tuners needed.

You may or may not get a SWM set up, depends on your area.

So SWM is not standard installation? I think it's great that they only need to run a single cable to inside the house and it's easy for the installers too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)