Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
D* gave me a gift for my 2 year anniversary with them, of a 3 month subscription to the Sports Pack. Nice thought, but the gift was of no value to me as I do not watch any of those channels. I signed into my account and they had a button for one to express thanks for their gift.

I clicked it and wrote, "Thanks, but this gift has no value to me as I do not watch the Sports Channels. A simple $1 credit to my account would have more value."

Didn't expect a response.

However the next day I got a response. They removed the Sports Pack and gave me a $5 programming discount for 3 months. So I asked for $1 credit and got $15.

Now I'm happy.

D* gave me a gift for my 2 year anniversary with them, of a 3 month subscription to the Sports Pack. Nice thought, but the gift was of no value to me as I do not watch any of those channels. I signed into my account and they had a button for one to express thanks for their gift.

I clicked it and wrote, "Thanks, but this gift has no value to me as I do not watch the Sports Channels. A simple $1 credit to my account would have more value."

However the next day I got a response. They removed the Sports Pack and gave me a $5 programming discount for 3 months. So I asked for $1 credit and got $15.

Now I'm happy.

but they do listen .....

Now I'm happy.

Hmmm, wonder what they will offer you next year ?

Now I'm happy.

Where did you find this 'button'? Got the Game Lounge 3 or 4 days ago and will never use it. Would love to attempt what you did to try and at least get a $1 credit.

I called once to tell them I'll never watch the sports pack channels in the gift they gave me and they changed it to 3 months of free SHOWTIME or STARZ or something like that.

I usually get 3 months of a movie channel, even thou I let them know I rarely watch movies channels.

I'm a Sports Fan, but they continue to offer Movie Channels, I guess thats better than not offering anything at all.

So when do you get the gift offer? I've been with them for 2yrs and 7 months - nothing yet although I spend $180 a month with 'em.

I THINK it's the third year and you will get it in your Anniversary month.

Be sure to check your account online and it will remind you about it, don't think they send out an email to let you know, at least they haven't for me yet.

I didn't get a thing for my 3rd anniversary. Of course I already had Premier. Based on stonecold's comment I'm not holding my breath for anything more than 3 months of the stupid game lounge.

It is good to see that they give you something to show that they appreciate your business. I like how Dish Network has a Freeview Showcase where they give you channels for free for subscribers that do not have that package. It gives them something different each month or so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)