D* responds to complaint about gift

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just checked my account on-line and it too shows an offer of the sports pack free for 3 months. I replied thanking them for the offer and told them that I really don't have any use for it. I said I could use a new HR24 :D. Now I will wait for their response. :p

Last edited:
I just checked my account on-line and it too shows an offer of the sports pack free for 3 months. I replied thanking them for the offer and told them that I really don't have any use for it. I said I could use a new HR24 :D. Now I will wait for their response. :p
They just responded and offered me $5 off for three months. I thanked them and accepted the offer.

Man, they are quick. It only took a coupe of minutes for someone to respond. They even gave me an offer for an HR24, but I would have to pay. I told them I was joking.

D* gave me a gift for my 2 year anniversary with them, of a 3 month subscription to the Sports Pack. Nice thought, but the gift was of no value to me as I do not watch any of those channels. I signed into my account and they had a button for one to express thanks for their gift.

I clicked it and wrote, "Thanks, but this gift has no value to me as I do not watch the Sports Channels. A simple $1 credit to my account would have more value."

Didn't expect a response.

However the next day I got a response. They removed the Sports Pack and gave me a $5 programming discount for 3 months. So I asked for $1 credit and got $15.

Now I'm happy.

wow ... wonder what i could get for over 15 years & $200 a month ....

They just responded and offered me $5 off for three months. I thanked them and accepted the offer.

Man, they are quick. It only took a coupe of minutes for someone to respond. They even gave me an offer for an HR24, but I would have to pay. I told them I was joking.

Was the offer for the HR24 at $199 ?

Just checked my account and now my balance is -$5 or ($5.00) as written by them. Within minutes of me turning down the sports pack they deducted $5 off of my bill. Man, that was quick.

If they offered me that , I would JUMP all OVER that :)
Not me
Am not paying $100 to basically exchange DVRs just for one that is a little faster and does not have an OTA tuner. If they were to exchange my H21 for the HR24, then I will jump all over it.

Not me
Am not paying $100 to basically exchange DVRs just for one that is a little faster and does not have an OTA tuner. If they were to exchange my H21 for the HR24, then I will jump all over it.

What recvr were you trying to exchange the HR24 with then ?

I would call them back and see if they would give you that same offer to return the H21 in it's place.

What recvr were you trying to exchange the HR24 with then ?

I would call them back and see if they would give you that same offer to return the H21 in it's place.
Tried it and it is a no go. They will only give me the deal for "exchanging comparable" equipment.

It is good to see that they give you something to show that they appreciate your business. I like how Dish Network has a Freeview Showcase where they give you channels for free for subscribers that do not have that package. It gives them something different each month or so.

DIRECTV has freeview weekends of STARZ, SHOWTIME, HBO, CINEMAX at different times thru the year. I'm pretty sure it's the idea of the people at STARZ, SHOWTIME, HBO, CINEMAX not DIRECTV, or DISH NETWORK.

They never have PLAYBOY CHANNEL, or HUSTLER CHANNEL freeviews. :mad:

D* gave me a gift for my 2 year anniversary with them, of a 3 month subscription to the Sports Pack. Nice thought, but the gift was of no value to me as I do not watch any of those channels. I signed into my account and they had a button for one to express thanks for their gift.

I clicked it and wrote, "Thanks, but this gift has no value to me as I do not watch the Sports Channels. A simple $1 credit to my account would have more value."

Didn't expect a response.

However the next day I got a response. They removed the Sports Pack and gave me a $5 programming discount for 3 months. So I asked for $1 credit and got $15.

Now I'm happy.

Thanks for this info! I sent them an email yesterday and last evening I received a response that they have switched my free Game Lounge to free Showtime. Much more useful to me!:D

wow ... wonder what i could get for over 15 years & $200 a month ....

The same thing for someone who's been with D* for 14 years and have the top package (premier at this time) and Sunday Ticket... a couple of PPV movies or game lounge for 3 months.

My anniversary gift was also the 3 months of game lounge. I replied about not ever using it and recieved the $5 discount for 3 months. I thanked them for allowing me to receive those credits.

Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference in the world.

Now gotta remind myself to call about the HD free for 2 years and upgrading to the HR24.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts