Upcoming HD channels on Dish?

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
Hi,

I was wondering, are there some announced upcoming HD channels on Dish? I think that HGTV and Food Network are announced "coming soon" HD channels for Dish, but I was wondering if there are also some others. I would sure like to see them get MTV-HD. Wouldn't mind them adding Playboy Hot HD, too (assuming that channel is still around. I had it on Voom.)

Thanks.

Well I've heard MHD isn't that good in the first place so I'd prefer Dish see if they can manage to bag INHD and INHD2.

Yep, INHD and INHD2 would be good channels to have, absolutely. Any other channels that are a "done deal" which are definately coming other than HDTV-HD and FOOD-HD, though?

Yes INHD and INHD2 would be nice also I see that National Geo is offering HD and I hope Sci Fi does it soon. The Voom channels offer little in my opinion but Monsters is cool and Filmfest is ok but if the new ones are like the old ones you could record a 3 day loop and see it all.

seandudley said:
Yep, INHD and INHD2 would be good channels to have, absolutely. Any other channels that are a "done deal" which are definately coming other than HDTV-HD and FOOD-HD, though?

Nothing reportedly other than UHD, ESPN2 and some LIL markets.

Does D* have INHD or INHD2? This sounds like one of those cable only channels that they will try and keep for themselves to try and stop the exodus of subscribers to DBS.....

IHHD1/2 are a racket owned by the cable companies. They will of course let the satellite companies provide them, but they have a clause in their "standard" contract that is that they must be provided in any Digital line up. Cable companies of course charge extra for digital cable, Dish/Direct most basic package would be forced to carry INHD...

INHD and INHD2 are owned by cable company, Comcast or someone big as them. I really doubt INHD and INHD2 to come to satellite, just like Comcast SportsNet Philly that is also owned by Comcast.

Other HD channels I'd love to have right away are: Speed TV (car buff), Fox Soccer Channel (EPL and La Liga soccer buff), USA, Spike, TBS, and etc.

I'm not too excited by the INHD twins.

I am hoping for NGC-HD and that Fox-HD channel when they launch. MHD and Wealth TV can wait indefinately as far as I am concerned.

juan said:
not true foodtvhd and hgtvhd were announced coming soon

I don't think there was an official press release or anything, but Charlie announced on the last Charlie Chat that those two channels would be added in the 2Q he said.

MHD is an exclusive channel with Cox cable and Verizon at the moment. That can certainly change. I've outgrown most of what airs on MTV these days, but was quite impressed with the quality and content of MHD when I switched to Cox last week from Dish. It combines music videos, concerts, and specials (eg Storytellers) from MTV, VH1, and CMT in sparkling clear full-res HD... no up-converts here. And the 5.1 sound is staggeringly good. This week, they've been airing the European Video Music Awards... amazing production quality.

DucTape said:
Exactly, Charlie announced.......

I see what you mean. The only thing that gives credence to this is that around the time he said they were adding HGTV and Food HD they also added the Fine Living Channel. Scripps owns HGTV, Food, DYI and Fine Living. Hopefully, they signed a new agreement with Scripss around that time, and that is why they added Fine Living, and hopefully HGTV and Food in HD as part of the agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts