Update on 922

Wow this just finally killed off my extreme anticipation for the 922. I use my 625 in dual mode a lot, and in solo mode often.

I can't make do without dual mode since my dad and I watch separate channels quite often and he's only using an SD TV and does not need HD output...

I guess its gonna be a 722k + TV everywhere box for me.

I guess that will make the 922 a SOLO dvr at $10 instead if a duo at $17.
Sounds like a better deal to me.

Sounds more and more like I will NOT be upgrading to the 922 anytime soon. This receiver sounds more and more like a mess to me. I liked the idea of the channel logos , but it isn't a must have. Now the tv everywhere adapter and the hd media extender used on my 722k sounds like a good fit.

So if I understand, I can get a 922 and put it on my main TV. I can then just get 3 sling receiver's for each of the 3 other HDTV's I have? Can you have more than 1 sling receiver talking to the same 922? There are only 2 of us here so we only might be watching 2 different programs at a time. This should then also allow us to watch the programs recorded on the 922 in any room in the house in HD.I already have gigabit ethernet at each TV location. I will then be able to de-activate my other 3 receivers. Will this work? Would there be any down sides to this?

It only has two tuners, so it could only serve 1 TV and another via Sling only, not 3 different sets viewing 3 different things.

I understand that it only has 2 tuners so I can watch 1 thing on the main tv and 1 thing via sling. My question is can I have 3 different sling receivers connected to the same 922. So that in bedroom 1, 2, 3 they could each watch the output of the sling tuner 2 on the 922. I don't need to be able to watch 3 different things at the same time. Just at any given time, one of the sling receivers would be active.

As a secondary question, could you have 2 sling receivers active at the same time, both receiving the same output from tuner 2. So the main tv watches program 1 and bedroom 1 and bedroom 2 could both be watching the same program being output from tuner 2.

I understand that it only has 2 tuners so I can watch 1 thing on the main tv and 1 thing via sling. My question is can I have 3 different sling receivers connected to the same 922. So that in bedroom 1, 2, 3 they could each watch the output of the sling tuner 2 on the 922. I don't need to be able to watch 3 different things at the same time. Just at any given time, one of the sling receivers would be active.
No only one sling watching device can connect to the 922 at anytime.

As a secondary question, could you have 2 sling receivers active at the same time, both receiving the same output from tuner 2. So the main tv watches program 1 and bedroom 1 and bedroom 2 could both be watching the same program being output from tuner 2.
Nope see answer one. But a good idea. :)

How does the TV2 sling output get to your TV? It can't be wireless. Homeplug or Cat 5? Broadband? Many of us don't have blazing internet connections. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I know nothing about Sling. I have been following the 922 posts with great interest, but I have to have TV2 somehow, esp with the new receiver fees, I wouldn't want a 2nd box.

At the bitrate Dish is pushing, you could indeed do it via wireless.

I would imagine they will support homeplug and wired. If I'm not mistaken, their all in one sling hdtv is wireless.

This afternoon I wrote a message about the Sling portion being unable to Sling outside your home network in HD.

I have removed that message as I have been in contact with DISH and they are working on restoring remote 922 HD viewing.

So since that problem has been addressed and is in the process of being fixed I have removed that thread as I dont want to scare anyone on the matter. Again it is being fixed and full slinging will be available on release. :)

Thanks guys!

one sling receiver several TV's

The Sling receiver has several outputs, HDMI, Component video and composite video. You should be able to connect one TV to each output at the same time or connect a modulator to the composite video and audio outputs and run any number of TV's at the same time. All TV's would see the same programming from the Sling.

I was really looking forward to this receiver but not anymore. So if I am out of town watching via sling I can't be recording anything on tv 2 because I am watching live on tv 2 right? This really sucks. I can't believe they thought this up.

Since you have to have the other device (I don't know what it's called) to hook up to your second HDTV are they going to include that with the 922 since the tv2 is useless without it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts