Update on 922

Man, I'm really disappointed in the 922 as time goes on..Oh well, I guess I will stick to my 722 and save some $...

Does this mean that I can stream HD from the 922 DLNA server to my 2nd TV PS3 in the basement? Right now I have to have a separate 622 to watch DISH. If this enables me to watch TV2 in HD without having to pay an extra 17 dollars, I may be in.

What would I need to pull the sling HD stream for watching on TV2? Would this be live and DVR?

So the biggest issues of concern are: (lets make a consolidate list)

1. TV2 output has been removed
-This is due to it being used exclusively by the built in sling or to record.
-(please confirm) This also means that if you are using the sling feature and you need to record something you will not be able to as there will be no free tuner.

2. The DLNA feature is ONLY good for streaming music and pictures to the 922.

So the biggest issues of concern are: (lets make a consolidate list)

1. TV2 output has been removed
-This is due to it being used exclusively by the built in sling or to record.
-(please confirm) This also means that if you are using the sling feature and you need to record something you will not be able to as there will be no free tuner.

2. The DLNA feature is ONLY good for streaming music and pictures to the 922.

You would probably still be able to record using tuner 1.

Well, you can chalk me up as another current subscriber that will never upgrade to the 922. I use my 722's TV2 outs to bring tv to 3 different TV sets in my house. I have 3 UHF remotes that I leave in each room so I don't even have to carry a remote from room to room. It had so much potential, but it seems like every update we are given makes it look not so hot, and this sealed the deal for it.

On the VIP dvr's you can enable TV 1 through the coax and just buy same extra remotes and set them to TV1 IR/UHF to change channels on TV 1 from another room. This is under modulator setup from the setup/installation menu. We have to wait to see if this feature will make it into the 922.

If you need 4 TV's watching 4 different channels then this won't work for you. You would add the 922 as stand alone and replace one of the 722's for a 211.

I have 2 722's always in single mode feeding 4 TV's as above and like the UHF remotes in the extra rooms also. I only need 2 TV's on different channels so all TV's can see both 722's it works great.

I, for one, would still be interested. The TV 2 out never really enticed me at all. I have a 622 & never use dual mode, always single. I wanted it so I could record & not interfere w/ other TV's in the house, plus it was replacing a 311, of which I already had 2 more for the other rooms... For me, dual mode, albeit convenient for some, disabled the main feature I wanted in the unit...

yeah, we were told the same thing this week concerning TV2. That is a complete 180 from all of the information that has been passed down to us in the last month or so. The other issue we were informed about is that the recommended minimum requirements for transfer rates over the internet. it is 1.5mb down and 600kbs up. Is there anyone out there that collaberate that information? anyone using the sling over the internet to stream video and KNOW what their upload speed is?

On the VIP dvr's you can enable TV 1 through the coax and just buy same extra remotes and set them to TV1 IR/UHF to change channels on TV 1 from another room. This is under modulator setup from the setup/installation menu. We have to wait to see if this feature will make it into the 922.

If you need 4 TV's watching 4 different channels then this won't work for you. You would add the 922 as stand alone and replace one of the 722's for a 211.

I have 2 722's always in single mode feeding 4 TV's as above and like the UHF remotes in the extra rooms also. I only need 2 TV's on different channels so all TV's can see both 722's it works great.

I know the (optional) OTA module has a channel 3/4 output for TV1. I don't know if this is anamorphic output like the current 622s and 722s have. If it's not, it is of no use to me. Hopefully, the 922 will have this anamorphic TV1 output built-in like the others. Any of you beta testers know the answer to this?

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts