Update on 922

Since you have to have the other device (I don't know what it's called) to hook up to your second HDTV are they going to include that with the 922 since the tv2 is useless without it?
for free you mean? are you kidding?...

So, what can you not do on TV2 using required sling that you can do on TV2 on a 722?

Can you transmit TV2 over sling wirelessly on a home network? That would be a benefit of doing it this way.

It automatically flips in dual mode when a sling connection is started then goes back into single mode when they disconnect.
I think a better configuration would be for the 922 to be just like the 722 with TV1 and TV2 selectable for same or independent viewing with the mode button and the Sling output just be a mirror of TV2 but in HD. Then, add a menu selection to enable the auto mode as described in Scott's post for those with no TVs on the coax output and want independent viewing. This would accommodate those upgrading to keep their existing TV2 setup and just be more flexible in general for new installs. I personally want PIP all the time and all my TVs on the same channel.

Any idea what those will cost? That would actually be of more use to me than the SD TV2 out.

True ...but if it can ONLY record on TV2.....and you're at work watching the game via sling and a timer is supposed to fire....IT WONT....as there wont be an available tuner to use to record.

If this is the case...that is...IF TV2 is the only tuner that can be used to record...then it makes this box practicably worthless.

Most definitely, they should have left TV2 alone. At the very least, this box should be a drop in replacement for a 722K no matter how you hook it up.

Think about this... The people that are going to pay to upgrade to this box are really the 'power users' of satellite TV. I know they want to sell all the extra sling stuff, but the first people who are going to be willing to pay to upgrade to this box probably have a 722 or 722K right now.

I have my HD mirrored to two sets and I drive 2 other TV's with TV2, in case I have a guest and they want TV in the guest bedroom, I put it in dual mode and go...

So $17 dollars for the 922? That means ur paying for sling. I think everyone will be paying for sling, not just the 922 people. ANyone with old sling boxes and future boxes will be paying for sling at some point.

So $17 dollars for the 922? QUOTE]

I just printed a DHA-24 contract for a customer and it states $21 for each HD DuoDVR with TV everywhere activated beyond the first!

Also says $10 per month vs. the standard $6 for a 922 for Premium DVR service. (only one fee per account for the DVR)

I am Confused. I currently have a Plain 722 not 722 K. With it capabilities maxed out I can record 3 HD programs (one OTA and two via Sat) while watching a recorded HD program on TV one and another recording on TV2 in SD.

Does the 922 not just change the TV2 ability to HD?

The 922 will be able to stream HD to TV2 when the new sling adapters are made available. :)

The HD streaming on the 922 looks REALLY REALLY good.

So what exactly does the 922 do. As time goes along it seems that it does less and less.

What advantages does it have over a 722 with sling? Better looking menus? That's it

Can't believe it only runs 1 TV. It blows to have to pay higher fees, but now you have to get another box and pay higher fees on that two just to have what we have now. I have one 722 box running an HDTV and a standard TV upstairs.

What am I missing?

This is the big release? I am not trying to be an a$$, I just must be missing something. It seems like we paying more for less with the exception of a better UI.

Better Menus, Better Interface, Full true HD guide, DLNA Media Center, HD Slingbox and shortly the ability to output to TV2 in FULL HD with the new Sling receiver.

The browser is gone for the moment, but I am told that it will be back in the future, so you can surf the internet while watching TV. (in fact I am hearing there will be some announcements of new features on the 922 being announced at Team Summit in May.)

When you say, really really good, are we talking identical PQ to the main HDTV?
Almost identical.

Remember that if you want to stream HD outside of your house your going to need a good internet connection with good upstream bandwidth.

But in my house on the same network, it looked almost identical to the PQ on the TV. (And the only reason I say almost was because I was only viewing the HD quality on a PC with a small 19 inch screen.) But it was the best quallity video I have seen on my PC it was that good!

Almost identical.

Remember that if you want to stream HD outside of your house your going to need a good internet connection with good upstream bandwidth.

But in my house on the same network, it looked almost identical to the PQ on the TV. (And the only reason I say almost was because I was only viewing the HD quality on a PC with a small 19 inch screen.) But it was the best quallity video I have seen on my PC it was that good!

As far as internet I have 20 down and 5 up. Will that do it?

Also, I have read tons of stuff here, but do you know what the cost will be for someone in my shoes. I am currently not under contract so I was going to call and offer to resign up and as part of that request the upgrade. I have asked them before and they said generally they will upgrade you with a new contract. But, obviously they did not have a release date yet. I did notice the my former plan of DVR advantage went up this last month.

any thoughts?

"I just printed a DHA-24 contract for a customer and it states $21 for each HD DuoDVR with TV everywhere activated beyond the first!

Also says $10 per month vs. the standard $6 for a 922 for Premium DVR service."

I had seen the $21 for the receiver fee but I had missed the $10 DVR fee, good catch.

It's funny, if you call Dish the CSRs have not been told anything about the 922. They wonder how customers know about it. I've even been told that they don't have any info on pricing. However, all the info is right on the contracts that have been out for 1.5 months. $200 fee for each 922 on an account. Granted that probably only applies to new qualified customers.

Better Menus, Better Interface, Full true HD guide, DLNA Media Center, HD Slingbox and shortly the ability to output to TV2 in FULL HD with the new Sling receiver.

The browser is gone for the moment, but I am told that it will be back in the future, so you can surf the internet while watching TV. (in fact I am hearing there will be some announcements of new features on the 922 being announced at Team Summit in May.)

With better menus would that include a cleaner version of On Demand?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)