update on slimline with superdish mod.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
For the past several weeks I have been working with my directv slimline dish that has been modded with a DN superdish lnb. I have some results from my test. for KU band channels.

101w satellite- Quality 50 to 60% on pentagon channel same quality on BVN america
103 w satellite- Quality 50 to 60% on microspace and the Huntington beach cams
99w satellite- Quality will vary depends on whats on wild feeds.
97w satellite- Quality on the 11898 transponder at 65% and other transponders 35% to 50%
95w satellite- Quality on the CCTV transponder at 60% to 65%
91w satellite- Quality on the ABC news now 60% to 70%
87w satellite- Quality on MTA international 90%, 40% to 45% on patient channel

With my situation at my apartments I have to use my slimline dish your results may vary this is not for beginners. I have 2 sonicview receivers the one that used is my 1000 model where you can scan horizontal transponders and vertical transponders can't do that on the 360 premier. Weather conditions warm and sunny 65 to 70 degrees. For newbies and people just getting started in this hobby go and buy yourself and all one in kit. When you blind scan with this DN superdish LNB you have to scan higher than what is posted on lyngsat. I thought I would share this info with you guys and see what you think.

Dan Rose

Last edited:
pretty much got trees to the west of 103 and 87w east manly buildings but not much on tv east of 87w. i picked up today 95w and earlier today i was watching bloomberg news. the bloomberg anchor was talking about her family to the people in the control room it was funny.

Dan Rose

Well there is some good stuff east of 87w, depending on what you like. That slimline should get the RTV, Tuff TV and PBJ mux on 83w plus the other news or sports feeds there. The NBC channels on 72w were coming in a few months ago on a small dish but I haven't checked recently.

if you look in my pics right behind me across the parking lot is a tree that blocks 83 west i will try for 72w though. anything east of 72 until you get to 30 w has pretty much nothing on. I will keep trying though.

Dan Rose

update again I am up to 10 satellites I have picked up.

83w amc 9- nbc feeds and other feeds at 60% Q barely picking up RTV, feed cause of a tree.

72w amc 6- nbc mux channels 60% Q not much on that satellite.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.