Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Hey guys i may have missed it or my hr24 is acting weird but looks like the UI has been updated a bit

Looks like they have new tabs like one called last four, last four channels you have been to

satjay said:
Hey guys i may have missed it or my hr24 is acting weird but looks like the UI has been updated a bit

Not here yet ... but looking forward to it :)

This also begs the q: do I need to force updates now and in the future with hard resets?

You can't force an update. If it isn't released in your area yet, you won't get it with a reset.

yeah I learned that yesterday. Apparently the R22's didnt download it properly on Tuesday night (it tried like 6 times). I tried a reforce and still had 459
last night it took the new software just fine

I've had D* for 15 months now and learned yesterday you cant force a software update ;)

Nope, you can't force something that ISN'T in the datastream for your area. :)

You CAN force to get the latest updates for your recvr, that are in the datastream though.
Like when you install a new recvr, it doesn't always take the latest updates right away .... but eventually will on it's own.

Nope, you can't force something that ISN'T in the datastream for your area. :)

You CAN force to get the latest updates for your recvr, that are in the datastream though.
Like when you install a new recvr, it doesn't always take the latest updates right away .... but eventually will on it's own.

Sure, that's because a new receiver wouldn't necessarily have the latest software after sitting in a box for months.

Woke up this morning and it was installed on my receiver, pretty cool. So far haven't noticed any speed difference, good or bad. Last four seems like a good addition to the info bar.

after a few hours with the new UI I think it's ok but maybe it's time to move away from the blue color

I agree about the color, there should be a way to change the color or transparency, kinda like Aero effects in Windows 7 would be a decent feature.

I like it but was thinking the next big thing would be hd UI. I believe this is suppose to be out later this year.

I agree about the color, there should be a way to change the color or transparency, kinda like Aero effects in Windows 7 would be a decent feature.

Years ago you could change all that stuff on your recvrs .... however, that was before D* took over the lineup of recvrs.

I've had D* for 15 months now and learned yesterday you cant force a software update

I read the news of there being a new release and wanted to get with the latest stable branch.

I had a CE from a month back with the enhanced channel banner but was not able to keep up with the more current CE's (thus making a fateful decision being the wild and crazy guy that I am.)

Now I know that doing so can erase all your recordings. Lessons hard learned are lessons not easily forgotten. ;)

p.s. Ironically, the update I forced was the stable from when I first got my receiver rather than the current rolling update, heh. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I know that when playing with cutting edge versions, there are risks (which is why the recordings that matter are on the other DVR.)

but i believe its just the banner and not the whole UI. they need to update the whole UI and take advantage of the HD graphic capabilities of the box. if you like the current look then good for you. but some of us would like to see some changes and have a HD UI, its why we have HDTV's..... :)

I like the additions to the info bar. While I am fine with the UI, I wish they would update it so Rey would finally drop it :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)