Update UI?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't mind it. It defaults to Info when you hit the button to bring up the banner so its just making the other items more accessible. I don't use Captions, parental controls, tv mail and what ever the other thing is so I'm not sure why they felt the need to bring those front and center but they did.&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
In the end its not a big deal. Out of all the changes they could have made to make the UI better this change wasn't even on the list IMO. Not sure who makes these decisions but I can't say this would have been the move I'd made.

I just got the update now I cant access the video on demand stuff. Are they temporarily off line or something?? Its connected to my network because I can access my computer files on my reciever and use my phone as a wifi remote....

One thing I DON'T like about it is the yellow button no longer brings up the subtitle/caption menu. It is now the same as hitting Info and you have to go over to the CC tab in the banner. The yellow button worked fine in the CE version, so I don't know why they changed it. Now it's like 10 button presses to turn captioning on/off instead of the 3 it used to be.

I agree, this should be an easy software fix, eliminate a redundant button functionality, and would reduce confusion for people adjusting to the change. I don't use CC, but the girlfriend does and I know it's going to take her a few tries to get used to hitting yellow and moving over after months of easy access to the CC settings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)