Update UI?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
but i believe its just the banner and not the whole UI. they need to update the whole UI and take advantage of the HD graphic capabilities of the box. if you like the current look then good for you. but some of us would like to see some changes and have a HD UI, its why we have HDTV's..... :)

Would an HD UI slow things down?

Still waiting for the download down here in south florida.
i still participate once or twice a month in the CE program so i've had it for awhile. i can't do more because i don't have time. you can also check out the ce program and dl when you can the software that they are testing.

Nope, you can't force something that ISN'T in the datastream for your area. :)

But what I thought was the previous day it did try to download the software and failed 6 times. So I figured "well its in the stream...lets get it" ;)

But it sounded like the R22's had an issue getting it that night...and it downloaded the next night

It's nice that they did change it up a bit. The last four tab is kind of nice. Maybe a hint of more changes down the road :)

I don't care for it much either. Too much clutter, and not in a place I want it shown every time I change channels. Any way to turn the new menus off?

I don't care for it much either. Too much clutter, and not in a place I want it shown every time I change channels. Any way to turn the new menus off?
you can reduce the amount of time it is displayed. I have it so it is only up for about a second or 2

One thing I DON'T like about it is the yellow button no longer brings up the subtitle/caption menu. It is now the same as hitting Info and you have to go over to the CC tab in the banner. The yellow button worked fine in the CE version, so I don't know why they changed it. Now it's like 10 button presses to turn captioning on/off instead of the 3 it used to be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)