Updated Dish 1000 Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
New sub getting different message

I've signed up for an install next week that includes VOOM. I'm in the San Francisco area and when I called back today they said that my order was updated to get the Dish1000, but that I still had to get a a second dish to get the VOOM channels. Shouldn't I be able to pickup 129 and get the VOOM channels from there? Seems like they want to charge me the extra $100 to get a second dish that I don't really need.

Ok so should I waite or if I can go ahead and get a 1000 so I can get the 129. Will the 1000 work with a 811 and a 301?? I mainly would like to get the 1000 so I can stay with one dish and get the extra Voom HD.

Poke said:
Ok so should I waite or if I can go ahead and get a 1000 so I can get the 129. Will the 1000 work with a 811 and a 301?? I mainly would like to get the 1000 so I can stay with one dish and get the extra Voom HD.

Yes the dish 1000 will work with your 811 and 301. You will also get Voom!!:)

Yeah got my question answered just went down the road talk to my retailer about the 1000. He had recorded the last Retailer Chat so I sit down to watch it. From what I can tell most folks will be getting a 1000 except in a few markets. So I was curious when I could get one and Dish said they will be sending them out in their big packages to retailers around 15th of October. So I will waite until my retailer starts getting them in bulk due to I really don't want them to half to just order a few. So Im glad I waited to get the Voom due to I knew that you should be able to get everything on one Dish. So really there is no need to pay for the extra dish unless you just could not waite. Big thing will be when how they will get out the new 411 receivers so on.

Retailers get them individually until Oct. 15th for the same price as bulk. When Oct. 15th rolls around retailers will have to pay more for them individually. Nothing was stated about swapping out customers that currently have a SuperDish although this was rumored in another thread.

Ok i want to add voom channels,i currently have dish 500 setup i think,so if i call to add the voom channels will they install a second dish for voom channels or will they install the new 1000?By the way i live in canton,ohio.

Ok, so my 942 arrived on this past Wednesday, and the installer is supposed to show up on the 5th. Should I see if they'll also upgrade/replace my D500 with a D1000 so I can also get 129 (I already see 110/119)? I'd like to get the Voom channels on 129 and I live in the Pacific NW.

The coverage map (thanks Scott!) looks like I should be able to see 129 from here. If the hills/trees cooperate, it should work fine, since 119 works fine, 10 degrees shouldn't be a problem.

Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks!

long_time_DNC said:
Ok, so my 942 arrived on this past Wednesday, and the installer is supposed to show up on the 5th. Should I see if they'll also upgrade/replace my D500 with a D1000 so I can also get 129 (I already see 110/119)? I'd like to get the Voom channels on 129 and I live in the Pacific NW.

The coverage map (thanks Scott!) looks like I should be able to see 129 from here. If the hills/trees cooperate, it should work fine, since 119 works fine, 10 degrees shouldn't be a problem.

Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks!

Mine just came in the other day from Dishstore, took me about an hour to replace both my 500's (1 at 110/119 1 at 129). Works great and the wife loves having only 1 dish on the roof (with a lower profile than the 500 as well)! I'm in Seattle and 129 is only slightly lower than 119 so LOS should not be a problem if you have 110/119 now.

GRG said:
Mine just came in the other day from Dishstore, took me about an hour to replace both my 500's (1 at 110/119 1 at 129). Works great and the wife loves having only 1 dish on the roof (with a lower profile than the 500 as well)! I'm in Seattle and 129 is only slightly lower than 119 so LOS should not be a problem if you have 110/119 now.

Glad to hear it works well for you! I'm in Olympia and have a clear LOS to 110/119, so 129 shouldn't be a problem. I'll give them a call today and see what I can arrange. Thanks. :)

OK, I'm confused. I have a DISH 500 and live in the Atlanta Area. I don't get all of my locals (two channels are carried on 61.5). Can I get a DISH 1000 for free if I call and request access to these 2 channels? If so can I then add VOOM for $5/month?

Here some additional new Dish 1000 information.

I have cleaned up this document to remove all confidenatal retailer information. :)

Attachments

• DISH_1000_SUMMARY.doc
    64.5 KB · Views: 784
lakebum431 said:
OK, I'm confused. I have a DISH 500 and live in the Atlanta Area. I don't get all of my locals (two channels are carried on 61.5). Can I get a DISH 1000 for free if I call and request access to these 2 channels? If so can I then add VOOM for $5/month?

No but you can call & ask for a free dish for 61.5 to receive the 2 channels you are missing, and since the VOOM channels are also on 61.5 you would be able to see them on your HD receiver if you call & add the voom channels.

A Dish 1000 is used to receive sat signals from 110,119,129 it has nothing to do with 61.5

Cool, thanks! So do they have to give me the extra dish for free? Even though I didn't get it when I originally subscribed?

lakebum431 said:
Cool, thanks! So do they have to give me the extra dish for free? Even though I didn't get it when I originally subscribed?

If its for local channels, yes. They call it 'must carry' channels. So, by law they have to provide you with the dish for free.. The fcc is requiring a 'one dish solution' for all customers local chans, hence 61.5/148 locals moving to 129.. Pretty soon you will be able to have the dish 1000 installed for free because of this.

I was waiting for it to happen, because in the Pittsburgh dma, one channel came from 61.5, but they moved that channel to 110.. Anyway, i talked to a trainer at dish and they said pretty soon dish will be offering free dish 1000 upgrades for existing customers, just like they did for the super dish when it first came out.. So you can get your 61.5 free, then upgrade to the 1000 free later on.

Just a good way to beat the system :smug

lakebum431 said:

because of must carry, they have to give you th dish, install and switches for FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Don't say anything about Voom HD. Tell them you have a local channel that says you need a 2nd dish.

After its added, call in and add the HD stuff.....It still is on 61.5 :)

CivicOnBoostEK said:
If its for local channels, yes. They call it 'must carry' channels. So, by law they have to provide you with the dish for free...

OK - I am in the Sioux Falls DMA so I should be able to get it free. Who do I call - Dish or my dealer? I don't plan to get Voom immediately, but do they need to run an additional cable for another feed in case I want to later? Will doing this Dish 1000 upgrade commit me to another year of contract? My one year runs out in January, and I want to use that to get a 942 (or 962 if it exists then)...

bbtkd said:
OK - I am in the Sioux Falls DMA so I should be able to get it free. Who do I call - Dish or my dealer? I don't plan to get Voom immediately, but do they need to run an additional cable for another feed in case I want to later? Will doing this Dish 1000 upgrade commit me to another year of contract? My one year runs out in January, and I want to use that to get a 942 (or 962 if it exists then)...

Follow up - I called my dealer and they said I don't need the 1000...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts