Updated Dish 1000 Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
bbtkd said:
Follow up - I called my dealer and they said I don't need the 1000...

?? I assume you are subscribed to local channels, do you get KWSD? It's
channel 36 or 9237. Maybe you already have a second dish.....
BTW I'm in the Sioux Falls DMA also. If you don't get KWSD they will have
to furnish you a second dish or a 1000.

Nice twist to a dish move today.....I had a d500 (quad legacy) and an additional d500 (single lnb) aimed at 61.5 for Voom. I called to add locals before signing up for a dish move. CSR asked if I wanted another dish (2 Louisville locals on 61.5), I told her no thanks, I have 2 dishes. I called 2 days later for a dish move and a different CSR told me that I would have to pay $50 because I had 2 dishes. I knew better, but said ok and scheduled the install. The wife calls today and says we're getting 1 dish, a 1000. I was quite happy....120 strength on 119/110 and 80 on 129. No charge, and he did a great job of hiding the wires along a down spout and under sod.

Interesting side note...maybe already common knowledge, but he says that there will be another sat at 129 showing locals in HD sometime early next year.....True ?

Another sat? Or the same sat? Not sure when the next E* bird is due to go up, or where.

That is probably what they are waiting for, the new bird to go to 110 to move a better bird to 129 and maybe make the bird they currently have at 129 backup or move it to a wing slot.

I'm in Dallas DMA. So, as a new customer if I wanted to subscribe to international channel (SUNTV) that is on 61.5/148, would I get a dish1000 and an additional dish pointed to those location or would I have to get the SuperDish?

I read through the helpful document earlier in the thread, but it does mention 148/61.5 international options for Dallas.

So, would I have to pay for the 2nd dish just to get the single international channel.

TIA,
rustlers

The Dish 1000 points at 110, 119, and 129 rustlers. 61.5 and 148 require their own secondary dishes to get to because they're quite a ways off from 110 and 119.

OTOH, 148 is newer than 129 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)