Updated Dish Anywhere app

That is odd. TV1 should still respond to the remote when you are streaming from tuner 2. Have you tried resetting the receiver?

Yes, receiver has been reset. Any idea who to send a bug report to? DIRT members might not be back on until Tuesday.

Yeah, I would stick with remote one. When in dual mode, the tv2 remote won't control tv 1. When slinging, the tv1 remote should still control tv1 as long as it's in dual mode.
TV1 remote works, Thank You :), I would never of thought to check that. TV2 remote controls all function of the 722 in Single or Dual mode, but will not control the 211 I have in the basement, only the TV 1 remote will control it. I know I should break down and buy a remote for the 211. Thank you all for the help.

TV1 remote works, Thank You :), I would never of thought to check that. TV2 remote controls all function of the 722 in Single or Dual mode, but will not control the 211 I have in the basement, only the TV 1 remote will control it. I know I should break down and buy a remote for the 211. Thank you all for the help.

The tv2 remote not should control tv1 if the box is in dual mode. That should only happen in single mode. I bet the tv1 remote is an IR remote which is why it works in dual mode because when in dual mode, your TV1 input is looking for an IR signal. When in single mode, the tv2 remote will control tv1 and the video is the same on TV1 and tv2. I would recommend leaving the box in dual mode and use the tv1 remote so you can sling at anytime without issues. Single mode really only makes a difference in regards to PIP.

I had problems logging in on my phone. It kept asking me if I wanted to buy a sling adapter. Rebooted Hopper, didn't fix. Had to reset network, then all was well. Weird thing, it works great on my phone, but now it doesn't work on my Desktop PC. Keeps saying I need to reset my router and the Hopper. Go figure.

When in single mode I can watch two shows at once and have DVR controls on both, since both tuners are buffered. Just use the swap button to switch between them, plus as you said, I can use PIP. It's also easier to watch live TV will recording on the other tuner. The TV2 remote controls everything on the 722 in Dual or Single mode. The only reason I was using the TV2 remote was because the 211 would only respond to the TV1 remote and I got tried of bringing it back and forth.
Did more experimenting, when in single mode and I start the Dish anywhere app the 722 automatically changes to Dual mode and the swap button is disabled. If both tuners are being used to record, the Sling adapter will stop recording TV2 and switch to live mode, will ask you if that's what you want before doing it. If recording on TV1 and OTA, the app will sling what ever you want from TV2. I must say the updated Dish Anywhere App is miles ahead of the previous version. Great job Dish.

I ordered a sling adapter through amazon. In the mean time I downloaded the Dish Anywhere app onto my iPad. I can see my 722k in the app and what programs are in the recordings. Trying to go to live tv brings up an error relating to the need for a sling adapter which is understandable. All of the on-demand stuff has locks on them? Is this because the sling is also needed for this stuff also? I have AEP programming.
Thanks Gerry

I ordered a sling adapter through amazon. In the mean time I downloaded the Dish Anywhere app onto my iPad. I can see my 722k in the app and what programs are in the recordings. Trying to go to live tv brings up an error relating to the need for a sling adapter which is understandable. All of the on-demand stuff has locks on them? Is this because the sling is also needed for this stuff also? I have AEP programming.
Thanks Gerry

No it not should show locked, the Sling doesn't affect this. I would try logging out and back in. Also, can you log in from Dishonline.com on the Safari browser and see if the content shows locked there as well?

No it not should show locked, the Sling doesn't affect this. I would try logging out and back in. Also, can you log in from Dishonline.com on the Safari browser and see if the content shows locked there as well?

Logged out and then back into app - still showing locked for on-demand. Went to dish online and logged in - didn't see locks but couldn't try anything as it says that flash is required (come on dish!) but of course flash is not available on iPad.
Gerry

Logged out and then back into app - still showing locked for on-demand. Went to dish online and logged in - didn't see locks but couldn't try anything as it says that flash is required (come on dish!) but of course flash is not available on iPad.
Gerry

I would have DIRT send a problem report on your behalf. This happened in the past with the new DRA iPad app when it first launched. You could also submit feedback through the app. I know those are read pretty quickly after submitted. Settings-send feedback

Gerry

Fired up my laptop with win 7 and logged into dish online. Was able to go to "on-demand" and start movies without any problems? At this point it looks to me that on demand is not available on the iOS app do to flash requirement ? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

Fired up my laptop with win 7 and logged into dish online. Was able to go to "on-demand" and start movies without any problems? At this point it looks to me that on demand is not available on the iOS app do to flash requirement ? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

I can view on demand content via the iPad Dish Anywhere app. I can't remember, but if you haven't, I would try deleting and reinstalling and submit feedback via the app.

I have a Sling Solo and unfortunately Dish removed the ability to watch my Slingbox from the latest DRA iPad and iPhone app. I've been told that I have to purchase the Sling app for $14.99 if I want to watch my Solo.

I'm very disappointed that Dish made this move. It's not like the technology has moved on, Dish simply decided they want people to pay for this now. Because of this, I'm not updating the DRA app for my iPad and I put the older version back on my iPhone.

I have a Sling Solo and unfortunately Dish removed the ability to watch my Slingbox from the latest DRA iPad and iPhone app. I've been told that I have to purchase the Sling app for $14.99 if I want to watch my Solo.

I'm very disappointed that Dish made this move. It's not like the technology has moved on, Dish simply decided they want people to pay for this now. Because of this, I'm not updating the DRA app for my iPad and I put the older version back on my iPhone.

EXACTLY MY ISSUE too.. I have a Slingbox HD PRO and it always worked with the previous versions of the app, and now it asks if I would like to receive information on how to view live TV .. Uhh, no -- It USED to work.

I tried to add the dishanywhere app to Chrome on a windows 7 based PC. Received an error saying the pc could not reach the sling app. Installed fine on the same machine using explorer. Before the Chrome version of the sling viewer was better and more stable than the explorer version.

I am having slower response and more problems using explorer PCANYWHERE viewer than I do with the DISHONLINE viewer.

Has anyone else installer the new viewer on Chrome?

I tried to add the dishanywhere app to Chrome on a windows 7 based PC. Received an error saying the pc could not reach the sling app. Installed fine on the same machine using explorer. Before the Chrome version of the sling viewer was better and more stable than the explorer version.

I am having slower response and more problems using explorer PCANYWHERE viewer than I do with the DISHONLINE viewer.

Has anyone else installer the new viewer on Chrome?

I wonder how new it is. I'll check it out when I get home in a bit.

EXACTLY MY ISSUE too.. I have a Slingbox HD PRO and it always worked with the previous versions of the app, and now it asks if I would like to receive information on how to view live TV .. Uhh, no -- It USED to work.

Slingbox support was removed from Dish Online and I believe it was already gone on iOS devices and now all platforms are the same, they don't support stand alone slingboxes anymore on any of the dish applications, web sites or platforms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)