Updated Dish Anywhere app

What's wrong? No pairing , app crashes...can you elaborate?

It keeps saying that I need to use a sling adapter or look at their website for tv anywhere information. No matter what I do. The DISH remote access works fine for me, using the same sling adapter that the tv anywhere says I need to add. It will load my timers ,schedule , and shows , but will not let me play anything live or recorded.

That sounds like normal function. Is she trying to watch tv2 at home when you are using the app? Do you have a sling adapter and were you watching a Live or DVR event?

If it is normal it shouldn't be. 722 is set up in single mode (no tv2 output). Dish App using tv2 tuner and 722 using tv1 or OTA, no control with remote. If I tune to tv2 on the 722 (at the receiver) it kicks the app off (as it should). Yes using sling adapter and doesn't matter what I'm watching with the app, live TV or DVR recording.

It keeps saying that I need to use a sling adapter or look at their website for tv anywhere information. No matter what I do. The DISH remote access works fine for me, using the same sling adapter that the tv anywhere says I need to add. It will load my timers ,schedule , and shows , but will not let me play anything live or recorded.

Do you have more than one receiver? Do you have the right one selected in the app? You can verify in the settings option in the app. If you have the correct receiver selected, does it show a green online indicator next to it? Usually this happens when a reciever without a sling adapter is selected from the app or if you have multiple receivers, the wrong one is selected.

If it is normal it shouldn't be. 722 is set up in single mode (no tv2 output). Dish App using tv2 tuner and 722 using tv1 or OTA, no control with remote. If I tune to tv2 on the 722 (at the receiver) it kicks the app off (as it should). Yes using sling adapter and doesn't matter what I'm watching with the app, live TV or DVR recording.

Does the same thing happen if you put the reciever in dual mode manually and then try to sling via the app?

Only one receiver has broadband. When I select MyDVR in the App all the correct recordings are there. I like how the guide now shows the OTA channels, which is another indication that it's my 722 it connects to.

Only one receiver has broadband. When I select MyDVR in the App all the correct recordings are there. I like how the guide now shows the OTA channels, which is another indication that it's my 722 it connects to.

I was asking that question to Mike. I asked you... Does the same thing happen if you put the reciever in dual mode manually from the front panel and then try to sling via the app?

Wondering if I can ask a quick questions as i have searched everywhere and cannot find the answer. Looking to maybe buy a sling adapter for
my 722K. We have an ipad2 and couple of ipad minis. When we go out of town I assume we can watch anything that we are subscribed to with
dish as long as we have a good wifi connection. My questions are: Does the 722K have to be left powered on in order to use the sling adapter
while not home? Secondly if no one is at home can only one of the ipads access the programming at once or would it be two since 722k is not
being used at home?
Thanks in advance, Gerry

Wondering if I can ask a quick questions as i have searched everywhere and cannot find the answer. Looking to maybe buy a sling adapter for
my 722K. We have an ipad2 and couple of ipad minis. When we go out of town I assume we can watch anything that we are subscribed to with
dish as long as we have a good wifi connection. My questions are: Does the 722K have to be left powered on in order to use the sling adapter
while not home? Secondly if no one is at home can only one of the ipads access the programming at once or would it be two since 722k is not
being used at home?
Thanks in advance, Gerry

The reciever will power up on its own when you start slinging, so no need to leave it powers on.

The sling adapter provides remote viewing for one person at a time. View remotely from two ipads at once , you would need a sling box for tv 1 and your current Sling Adapter for tv 2.

Last edited:
Does the 722K have to be left powered on in order to use the sling adapter
being used at home?
Thanks in advance, Gerry

722k must be in stand-by and have power. The LED's on the front don't need to be on, though they will turn on as soon as you connect with an external connection.

Only one person can stream from the Sling at a time. So if you have your ipad going, no one else can use theirs on the sling. others can use the dishonline to stream other shows, but not those stored on your dvr. Only the sling connected device can do that.

being used at home?
Thanks in advance, Gerry
Gerry,
With the previous app (pre update) the 722 didn't have to be on, just in standby. As far as using two devices at once. I don't think it will work, but I never tried it.

The reciever will power up on its own when you start slinging, so no need to leave it powers on. The slingbox provides remote viewing for one person at a time. To get both tuners ready to view remotely, you would also need a sling box for tv 1.

Thanks for the reply! Understand the pwr up but hazy on "you would also need a sling box for tv1". Since you plug the first sling adapter into the usb port on the back of the 722k where would you plug a 2nd sling adapter into?
Thanks

Thanks for the reply! Understand the pwr up but hazy on "you would also need a sling box for tv1". Since you plug the first sling adapter into the usb port on the back of the 722k where would you plug a 2nd sling adapter into?
Thanks

Sling adapter for Dish only works on tv2. You would need a stand alone slingbox which connects to the tv 1 video output instead. I have this type of set up. You can see my sling adapter and slingbox. I can have two people remotely viewing at once. See attached.

ForumRunner_20130120_103621.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)