Updated Dish Anywhere app

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got the dishanywhere app from the Chrome Web Store and it seems to run better than previous. I am having two issues. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. When you look at the DVR recording schedule, the times posted seem to be listed 3 hours later than the are. The recordings work at the right time, but the schedule is 3 hours off.

At times when I am trying to view a live program, or a recording, I an getting the message that the satellite signal has been lost. I can get it to play an OTA channel. I am not home, but I rarely loose the signal and weather has not been an issue in the area during the last couple of days. The problem just goes away for no known reason and works fine for a few hours and returns. During the time it says the signal is lost, it does record programs without problems.

I got the dishanywhere app from the Chrome Web Store and it seems to run better than previous. I am having two issues. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. When you look at the DVR recording schedule, the times posted seem to be listed 3 hours later than the are. The recordings work at the right time, but the schedule is 3 hours off.

At times when I am trying to view a live program, or a recording, I an getting the message that the satellite signal has been lost. I can get it to play an OTA channel. I am not home, but I rarely loose the signal and weather has not been an issue in the area during the last couple of days. The problem just goes away for no known reason and works fine for a few hours and returns. During the time it says the signal is lost, it does record programs without problems.

I would reboot the receiver and see if that helps. Are you traveling away from home by chance? Are you in the same time zone as your receiver?

Sling Adapter came yesterday :). Plugged it in and was accessing 722K in a couple minutes. This thing is slicker than greased Owl dung! Was nice to see that the app turned the
722 on without problem and streamed live off it.
I am disappointed tho that after you are finished and close out the ipad app that it does not turn the receiver back off :(. I looked around in the app this morning and do
not see anyway of doing this. When out of town for an extended length of time I would like the receiver off when not using it.
Does this mean that I have to go into the settings on unit and turn on the inactivity timer for a set length as a workaround?
Thanks, Gerry

Sling Adapter came yesterday :). Plugged it in and was accessing 722K in a couple minutes. This thing is slicker than greased Owl dung! Was nice to see that the app turned the
722 on without problem and streamed live off it.
I am disappointed tho that after you are finished and close out the ipad app that it does not turn the receiver back off :(. I looked around in the app this morning and do
not see anyway of doing this. When out of town for an extended length of time I would like the receiver off when not using it.
Does this mean that I have to go into the settings on unit and turn on the inactivity timer for a set length as a workaround?
Thanks, Gerry

Your receiver should have a default standby time of I believe 1-2 hours of inactivity. Once you log out of the app, your receive will go into standby (off). If you want your inactivity to be shorter, then yes you'll need to change the settings in your box.

Your receiver should have a default standby time of I believe 1-2 hours of inactivity. Once you log out of the app, your receive will go into standby (off). If you want your inactivity to be shorter, then yes you'll need to change the settings in your box.

Thanks for the reply. Actually I currently have the "inactivity" timer disabled as even if watching a program for a couple hours I was getting the pop up saying it was going to
shut the receiver off. Looks like I will have to turn it back on when not at home for a few days..
Gerry

There is really little difference between on or standby. I never put my 722 in Standby over a number of years. I wouldn't sweat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)