Updated info regarding 625 receiver issues...s/w ver. L4.13

Here is the response from Dish to my email regarding the sound issue.

"Thank you for your e-mail. It may be helpful to reset the receiver as a temporary fix. Please:

* Press and hold the power button on the front panel of the receiver for approximately 7 seconds, then release.

* The receiver will power off and then back on.

* You will see ‘Attention 015’ on your screen. Wait for the receiver to reboot.

We are aware of the issue with this receiver. Our engineers are working on the problem. It will be corrected in a software update. Your contribution of information would help us figure out the issue. If you could reply to this email and include:"

I suggest everyone keep emailing so they know it's a widespread and annoying issue so it gets fixed asap.

Here is the response from Dish to my email regarding the sound issue.

"Thank you for your e-mail. It may be helpful to reset the receiver as a temporary fix. Please:

* Press and hold the power button on the front panel of the receiver for approximately 7 seconds, then release.

* The receiver will power off and then back on.

* You will see ‘Attention 015’ on your screen. Wait for the receiver to reboot.

We are aware of the issue with this receiver. Our engineers are working on the problem. It will be corrected in a software update. Your contribution of information would help us figure out the issue. If you could reply to this email and include:"

I suggest everyone keep emailing so they know it's a widespread and annoying issue so it gets fixed asap.

Do you have the email address? I had to turn on and off the receiver last night about 3 times, the popping sounds coming out of the speaker were unbearable.

Thats about as good as you can do right now. Keep calling and emailing them. The techs (like myself) don't have much say so and when we mention something they nod and say they will mention it to engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)