Updated: New Channels coming...No HD...

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
1) Speedchannel and Soapnet by June 27 entire cv system.
2) NBC 4.4. ABC NEWNOW (MAY 5TH)
3) LOCAL WEATHER CHANNEL PROBABLY FROM CBS (MAY 5TH)

***Update 4/26/06:11:30 pm ET***
As of may 5 nbc 4.4, abc newnow, and one of the local weather channels i believe from cbs

Effective Thursday, May 4, 2006, three new channels; Eyewitness News Now, NBC Weather Plus and WNBC 4.4, will be available* as part of the digital Broadcast Basic package and above on channels 108, 109 and 110 (and on 117, 118 and 119 in Corps 7806/7808). The channels will also be available to business customers as part of the iO Entertainment and iO Business packages. An iO digital converter, a CableCard-equipped digital cable ready TV or a digital cable ready TV with a built-in QAM tuner is required. *Exceptions apply in Litchfield and the Philadelphia TV market portion of Hamilton -- see Field Communication for details.

Effective Thursday, June 29, 2006, the SoapNet and SPEED CHANNEL will be available in all service areas to subscribers with Family Cable and an iO digital converter or a CableCARD-equipped Digital Cable Ready TV. A minimum subscription to Family Cable and iO Navigation is required to receive the channels (except in Scrambled Family areas where a subscription to iO Navigation is not required). The channels will also be available to business customers as part of the iO Entertainment and iO Business packages.

Very surprised

I must say i am very suprised that they agreed to carry the weather channels. I thought they would never agree to these as they will compete with News12 weather. Maybe the thinking is finnaly changing becasue of the looming verizon threat. Yeah these aren't big channels but now I am looking forward to see what HD channels are added once the roll out switched broadcast later this year.

kevlard1 said:
I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. The new weather channels will only be available to business customers?

it says
sean mota said:
The channels will also be available to business customers as part of the iO Entertainment and iO Business packages.

So does this mean on systems where Speed Channel is already there as an analog channel it will be converted to digital? Are Speed Channel and SoapNet being added and or moving to the iO 100's channel locations or staying in the Family Cable channels?

IceManNYR said:
So does this mean on systems where Speed Channel is already there as an analog channel it will be converted to digital?

no it just means if you do not have speed channel now you will by june 29th

:) The speed channel was allway's been digital here in Bklyn NY since we got it, you will need a digital box to get it:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts