UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do not understand. I did not follow the 800post thread too well. How much will it cost for my three 622s?

excess per box fee will discourage upgrading or new subs in general unl;ess most have at most 2 receivers?

I don't have a 322 but the product outline says it outputs to 2 TV's independently. My initial point was that it appeared to me that DVR accounts would be getting a $6 account-wide charge and for some reason be paying $3 more than the $14 non-dvr duo receivers. The only difference I see would be the fact that it's a DVR.

Is that accurate from what's been released so far?
I personally don't understand it myself, I am just passing along the info I am getting. I am very confident in the info I posted tonight.

TurboHD will be changing names and the price will be going DOWN $5 a month (plus will include locals)

It's been so long since they added any HD, I almost forgot to ask --

have they addressed the issue of TurboHD not having the same channels as the normal packages?

I do not understand. I did not follow the 800post thread too well. How much will it cost for my three 622s?

I guess while I was typing I got my clarification. Looks like my bill is going up.

I don't have a 322 but the product outline says it outputs to 2 TV's independently. My initial point was that it appeared to me that DVR accounts would be getting a $6 account-wide charge and for some reason be paying $3 more than the $14 non-dvr duo receivers. The only difference I see would be the fact that it's a DVR.

Is that accurate from what's been released so far?

This is a good point.

For 2 722's:

Now: 1st free, 2nd $12 connected = $12

2/1: 1st free, 2nd $17 connected or not + $6 DVR fee for account= $23

$11 increase!:eek:

Correct?

The receiver fees are $7 per tuner (612 and 510/12 count as just one) plus $3 for dvr. So yeah, while the dvr fee is now being called an "account-level fee", it is technically $3 more for each dvr beyond the first. A little sneaky, but at least it's an improvement.

As I follow these pricing updates and let it all sink in I am having a hard time understanding how DISH thinks this is going to fly in this already pitiful ecomony.

It's obvious to me that I am going to have to make some changes to lower my bill just as others have stated they will have to do.

I have a feeling when the price increases are confirmed there are going to be a lot of used receivers available. :(

If the first receiver is in fact completely free except for the $6 DVR fee then my bill will actually go down. I'm on the Turbo HD Bronze at $30 so if it does go down by $5 and includes locals my bill will be $25 + $6 DVR + $17 second 722 + $5 for Encore Pak for a total of $53 plus taxes. Right now it's $57 plus taxes. If this turns out to be true I'll be shocked to see a year that my TV cost actually decreases. I'm still figuring if I break even I'll be lucky.

The receiver fees are $7 per tuner (612 and 510/12 count as just one) plus $3 for dvr.
Bingo! Give that man a prize.

Seems very unfair to charge the SD folks so much. Only consolation is that HD customers get charged $7 for their SD TV2 outputs just like the SD-only receivers. :(

Don't forget if you have DVR Advantage, DVR is $5 now. That's the sneaky part of the price increase.
My bill now
top 200 with 722 and 322
10 (HD)
5 (322)
22 HB0 and 250 upgrade (I bet this changes)
95 total
NEW
6 DVR
10 (HD)
14 322
22 HBO and 250 (I know I'm going to get screwed here)
105 Total
$10 increase

So, now that we find out that the DISH csr in post #1 in the other thread clarification is WRONG on subtracting the extra dvr , tv 2 fee phone line what ever it is called, it looks like there is only one way anyone can save money. You can have one duo dvr and pay the 6.00 dvr fee and any other receiver on your account will have to be the 211 or 211k receiver. Now, you can turn the 211/211k receiver into a dvr by paying $39.99 -ONE TIME. I did this last year and I have a 722k and a 211k receiver -with dvr software. So I pay 7.00 for the extra receiver the 211k. So if all you want is to keep your extra hd receivers at 7.00 , go with a 211/211k and turn them into dvrs.

This is going to make a lot of DISH subs with extra duo dvrs think about dropping all of the extra dvrs off their accounts. In fact if this is true then DIRECTV will be cheaper for houses with multiple dvrs on their accounts than DISH. So once again DISH has proven that they are the kings of excess made up fees -because they can! Not good in bad times like these. I can see DIRECTV showing this in their advertisements on why DIRECTV is better than DISH. So when DISH plays up the NO PRICE INCREASE !on programming this year , all DIRECTV has to do is say:Yeah, but to have extra dvrs on your account with DISH, you pay about 11.00 more PER DUO DVR receiver than with DIRECTV. I find this very disappointing that CHARLIE and company have decided to exploit their subs with this PRICE INCREASE in equipment charges , just because they can. I also see a lot of subs, with multiple dvrs on their accounts, churn because of this increase . Looks like in 2010 DISH will go back the other direction again and the sub momentum will slow and decline again.

Sorry, CHARLIE. You just don't get it again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.