UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
UPDATED INFO:

Got some additional info tonight... There have been some changes...

Because of the new fee structure there is no TV2 credit for having your receiver hooked to a phoneline or broadband. However from what I am hearing you will want to have them hooked up.:)

:)

So Scott, could one of the reasons why we would want to have our phoneline or broadband hooked up to all our receivers be ,because we might be able to share the same show or programming on all our receivers hooked up to the internet? True Multi -view possibilities?

So Scott, could one of the reasons why we would want to have our phoneline or broadband hooked up to all our receivers be ,because we might be able to share the same show or programming on all our receivers hooked up to the internet? True Multi -view possibilities?

Maybe on ethernet, but definitely not on phoneline.

In fact if this is true then DIRECTV will be cheaper for houses with multiple dvrs on their accounts than DISH.
Since Dish will allow up to six leased tuners as of Feb 1st, let's assume 3 duo dvrs for maximum dvr feeage-

Classic Silver 200 - $52.99
DVR Fee $6
2nd duodvr - $17
3rd duodvr - $17
Total - $92.99

Choice Package (Mar 2010) - $58.99
DVR Fee $6
5 addt'l receivers - $25
Total - $89.99

Dish is a little more, except that with direct as a new customer you had to pay $500 to get five additional dvrs, whereas if dish upgrade fees remain the same, you'll only be paying $200 in upgrade fees.

Taking that down to four tv's with dvr, dish wins the monthly price war $75.99 to $79.99, and $200 less in upgrade fees.

Remember the thread about the best and worst things DISH did in this decade? Looks like this Equipment PRICE HIKE outranks all the worst decisions that DISH has ever done. I thought that the DVR fee PER DVR RECEIVER was the worst , but this by far is the dumbest thing that CHARLIE could ever do in bad economic times. So people with multiple dvrs will have to eliminate the excess dvrs unless they want to pay another $10.00 per dvr receiver. Combining the fees into one big equipment fee, without allowing subs to receive credits for complying with the DISH rules on phone/ethernet connection to their receivers is just plain out right HIGHWAY ROBBERY! :mad:

This must be what DISH wants though. If you look at their home page they say they new subs can get upto 3 hd receivers FREE- a 722k or 612 and two 211k receivers. IF you do this, you only would have to pay the one 6.00 dvr fee and two $7.00 extra equipment fees, or $14.00 for the 211ks.

DISH has become the new CABLE company , that they used to parody in their advertisements. DISH will still be the king of cable fees even is they are all rolled into one BIG ASS Equipment fee. That could be their new advertisement for 2010:

DISH: THE KING OF THE BIG ASS EQUIPMENT FEES!!:rant:

price for additional receivers

Right now i have a vip 722 hooked up on my account so what will i be charged for tv 2 connection fee and i hve a vip 211 and 2 301s in closet so what would i be charged for 301 7.00 instead of 5.00 now and it used to be 7.00 for a vip 211 what will it be now.

Since Dish will allow up to six leased tuners as of Feb 1st, let's assume 3 duo dvrs for maximum dvr feeage-

Classic Silver 200 - $52.99
DVR Fee $6
2nd duodvr - $17
3rd duodvr - $17
Total - $92.99

Choice Package (Mar 2010) - $58.99
DVR Fee $6
5 addt'l receivers - $25
Total - $89.99

Dish is a little more, except that with direct as a new customer you had to pay $500 to get five additional dvrs, whereas if dish upgrade fees remain the same, you'll only be paying $200 in upgrade fees.

Taking that down to four tv's with dvr, dish wins the monthly price war $75.99 to $79.99, and $200 less in upgrade fees.

I realize that in the upgrade price for extra receivers that DISH is cheaper than DIRECTV ,but in the monthly equipment price DISH will definitely charge more than DIRECTV does with their $5.99 or $6.00 extra receiver or lease fees. DIRECTV will charge one $7.00 dvr fee that covers all dvrs without hiding the dvr fee in the equipment fee.

Right now, if you have an additional hd dvr receiver it is only $7.00 + $5.00 dvr fee or $12.00. IF you have an sd dvr receiver is only $5.00 + $5.00 dvr fee or $10.00. Now if you don't keep your phone lines plugged into the extra duo dvrs you get another $5.00 charge so it comes out to $17.00 for the hd duo dvr. BUT you can get a credit for keeping your duo dvr plugged up to a phone line or ethernet on your additional dvrs.

SO DISH standardizes the price between sd and hd receivers, combines all three fees and allows NO one to escape the extra $5.00 tv 2 connection fee. So in that case everyone just got a $5.00 equipment price HIKE for having more than one dvr on your account. So $5.00 a month x 12 months = $60.00 extra a year to have the extra dvr on your account. Have 3 dvrs on your account and you will pay $120.00 more a year than you do today with the tv2 credit for 5.00 monthly.

So you pay upfront with DIRECTV and a simple lease or additional receiver fee and with DISH you pay every month and more yearly for the time you have the extra dvrs on your account. SNEAKY way to hide your dvr fee, by rolling them into the equipment fee charges. Then claim that they don't charge a dvr fee PER RECEIVER. All DISH did was start charging $5.00 tv 2 connection fee to EVERYONE that has an extra dvr on your account and now they claim their is an A/0 fee of $5.00 that they rolled into the equipment price, that they are now charging instead of the dvr fee per dvr receiver. So DISH changes the name of the fees and combines them into one big ass fee and they figured that no one would figure it out.

Last edited:
Right now i have a vip 722 hooked up on my account so what will i be charged for tv 2 connection fee and i hve a vip 211 and 2 301s in closet so what would i be charged for 301 7.00 instead of 5.00 now and it used to be 7.00 for a vip 211 what will it be now.

Here is what Scott posted on page 2 of this thread:

Good question, and I have the answer...

622, 622HZ, 722, 722k (Dish Duo HD DVR's) $17 Each
522, 625 (Dish Duo DVR's) $17 Each
222, 222k (HD Duo Receiver) $14 Each
322 (Duo Receiver) $14 Each
612 (HD Solo DVR Receiver) $10 Each
512 (Solo DVR Receiver (going to be announced at CES)) $10 Each
510 (Solo DVR Receiver) $10 Each
211, 211k, 411 (HD Solo Receiver) $7 Each
501, 508 (Solo DVR Receiver) $7 Each (I don't believe there is a DVR fee for these)
301, 311, 381 (Solo Receiver) $7 Each

Thats the order so the most expensive receiver will be the primary receiver on your account and as always your first receiver is included in your programming base price. :)

Here is how your current tv2 fees (or lack thereof) will affect your bill:

Formula is (#of Duo receivers on the account - # of TV2 Connection Fees on the account - 1= ?)

-1 = ONLY 1 TV2 Connection Fee of $5
0 = No Fee OR no Credit
1-5 = # of $5 credits per month for 6 months

I think my bill may go down $1. I get locals. Did I figure this up correctly?

Current Pricing

$57.99 Classic Silver 200 With DVR
$12.00 612 DVR Receiver
$10.00 HD & Platinum
---------------
$79.99

February 1st

$52.99 America's Top 200
$ 0.00 Free 722
$ 6.00 DVR fee
$10.00 612 DVR fee
$10.00 HD & Platinum
---------------
$78.99

Last edited:
Dish has always had a cost advantage over DirecTV (and digital cable) because they offered service on two TV's with only one box. But, now Dish will be charging more for duo-boxes, and losing that pricing advantage. Stupid.

Thanks for the heads up scott, but I am still a bit confused, I guess I will see the breakdown come Feb 1st, but this is what I currently have

250 Package
722K and 612 DVR Recievers
HD Package that I am getting a 10 credit for each month, that I think many are as well
If it makes a difference my 612 has always been hooked up to a internet connection and I do use the TV2 output on the 722K

No premiums at this time, as I dropped from AEP as I did see that DVR fees would not be waived

Also just an FYI on some on the comparison to Dish and Direct, remember directv also charges an extra 5.00 for their special HD pack, and five dollars for each extra tv, with the recivers for each tv. I know if your 2nd TV is HD its not much of an advantage, just saying though. Also with Dish, if you were able to get the HD/Platimum credit there is a savings there (hopefully that does not go away) I know the extra HD channels are not the worlds greatest, but we all love HD :)

I also see from Scots post that they are changing the name of the "Turbo" HD package, for a package that is not marketed and you have to call to ask to get are they repackaing it and bringing it back out there in 2010??

What we really need is for DISH web site to include an estimated new bill for the new year, new rates--skip taxes to make it simple for them to do. This for your current equipment.

A better service would be to add a configuration estimator for anything available--including absolute and Turbo, maybe?
-Ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)