UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am thinking the same thing as Jim S. but anything is possible so have to keep an open mind. AT&T does have different boxes now too don't they?

I think Dish Network has to do something to encourage people to keep those phone/broadband connections connected up to those receivers.

Option$

So if you exclude the hardware difference and are willing to compare just on price Dish Vs most of the bundle packages, you can save a nice chunk of change. Then you have to decide if you are willing to pay a premium for Dish DVR. ...

If you are willing to accept what some consider an inferior DVR menu then you can save between $20-30-40-50 a month by bundling. Personally I would prefer to have the money in my pocket over Charlie's pocket and still at the end of the day be able to watch the same programing.

I will save about $70 a month over 2 years by bundling FiOS and intro discounts.
I have been paying a premium for non-bundling 18 months. The premium is now going up drastically. Hopefully, the first DVR has no fees, except for the $6 account fee.
Sports in HD is lacking with FiOS, so I will keep AT150 for the sports at an undisclosed address. Even keeping AT200 I will save $600, far majority of this not going to DISH. Those that pay over $280 a month for TV, Cell, Internet, and Phone have Option$.
$6 Leased 722K [DVR Fee] :mad:
$17 OWNED 722 :mad:
$7 Leased 211 -$47 switch from AEP-->AT200 - $7 211 Return
DISH will lose $54 from one account and ALL of another account.
I will save another $53 from FiOS 3 for 2 , saving an additional hundreds of dollars the first 6 months. Then I will possibly get a TiVO HD XL and cancel DISH.

well for the first time in 5 years we looked at Cable today. Looking over the prices, for most of the channels we get, Plus DVR service (which we don't have with dish) it's the same price or lower with the new pricing coming into play. and it isn't a discount special too. as much as I want to support dish and satellite, we can't go to directv because they won't offer local channels in our county even though Dish does, because Directv looks at DMA maps drawn in the 90's. but cable is looking more and more likely as our only option. and it's a local carrier not Charter, Comcast, or the other big bullies that raise rates every year.

Right now we pay 73.98 a month. that's the top 250 pack with DHPP, and 2 322 recievers.

with the proposed changes...

62.99 a month for the programming, +14 for the 2nd 322 receiver, and I'm guessing 5.99 for DHPP... that makes a grand total of: 82.98!

Compaired with digital cable here 57.98 plus 3 DVR boxes at 5.95 a piece gives a grand total of: 75.83 + tax which is very low here, cable company said somewhere in the ballpark of 7 cents. while I'm not buying that low number, still Cable has a LOT going for it than it doesn't... and if I wanted HD it's only 7.95 more.. so if dish does implement these receiver price changes we are gone... and won't feel sorry about it in a heartbeat.

I went to refer a friend today...but with the new pricing....dish now cost more......so it doesn't make since to them....and i cant blame them either....

Is this what they were really after?

I went to refer a friend today...but with the new pricing....dish now cost more......so it doesn't make since to them....and i cant blame them either....

Is this what they were really after?

I guess we will find out from the next retailer chat...........

perhaps they really dont care:(

I am thinking the same thing as Jim S. but anything is possible so have to keep an open mind. AT&T does have different boxes now too don't they?

I think Dish Network has to do something to encourage people to keep those phone/broadband connections connected up to those receivers.

Nope, same boxes. I'm a at&t|Dish customer with 2 722's...

I thought AT&T had the same exact boxes as Dish as they were partners with them but thought they also came out with their own.

For those out there that are looking at changing providers, how does the HD channels comapre, for those that HD makes a difference for? I just glanced to seee at our local comcast (only choice in the area) and its slim pickings, around 20 or so? Plus the fees are crazy (crazyer then the perposed Dish fees)

For those out there that are looking at changing providers, how does the HD channels comapre, for those that HD makes a difference for? I just glanced to seee at our local comcast (only choice in the area) and its slim pickings, around 20 or so? Plus the fees are crazy (crazyer then the perposed Dish fees)
And Comcast HD PQ is, on the average, not so hot.

Fios is pretty much the same as dish, they have some things dish does not have and vice versa. Fios does fluff up there hd count with those .tv channels which just show the same stuff over and over again, if you watch a few times you have seen pretty much everything for the year. Checked out my local cable provider cox and they actually have a lot of hd channels, about 70 if you do not include the movie channels, and they carry BBCA, G4, HI and others in HD that neither fios or dish have. However the PQ might be an issue. I had them about a year ago and the HD pq was not bad but they only had 20 hd channels at the time. Doubt they increased their capacity that much in just a year so they must be compressing it a lot. Plus they use the same lousy dvr's fios uses. It costs about the same as dish 250 for programing but includes HD, dvr service is $10-12, the dvr boxes are $8 per month. But they also charge a lot for Spanish add on, almost $30 while dish is about $14, which we have so they will actually be more expensive.

Edit: the price is actually the same as 250 w/ hd as there is a $10 discount for 6 months.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure this one out. I started with Dish about 5 months ago. They gave me a 722k for my living room and bedroom. Well, after a ton of problems with the 722k and the fact that I got an HD tv for the bedroom a week later, I ended up getting a 222 (I think) for the bedroom and using the 722k as a stand alone for the living room.

I pay 7 for the 222 in the bedroom. So with this new change I'll be paying an additional 17 for the 722k in the living room because it's a duo?

Would I be better off sending the 722k back and asking for a single HD DVR box? (Can I still record 2 shows at once with a single HD DVR?)
Will they let me do the swap at 5 months out, especially since they know I don't use the 722k as a dual reciever?

My brain really hurts trying to wade through this post.

The pricing will become OFFICIAL today and will be announced to Dish Network retailers at NOON Eastern Time.

Of course SatelliteGuys will be following the announcements and have full details here at SatelliteGuys.US!

Stay Tuned!

I'm trying to figure this one out. I started with Dish about 5 months ago. They gave me a 722k for my living room and bedroom. Well, after a ton of problems with the 722k and the fact that I got an HD tv for the bedroom a week later, I ended up getting a 222 (I think) for the bedroom and using the 722k as a stand alone for the living room.

I pay 7 for the 222 in the bedroom. So with this new change I'll be paying an additional 17 for the 722k in the living room because it's a duo?

No the 722k is probably the primary receiver so it will cost nothing (included with the programming charge) except for the $6 account level fee for DVR service. It's costing you $5 currently for being a DVR. The 222 will cost $14 which is probably $7 more than it is currently costing.

Would I be better off sending the 722k back and asking for a single HD DVR box? (Can I still record 2 shows at once with a single HD DVR?)

Are you referring to the 612 or a 211 with EHD enabled to serve as a DVR? You wouldn't gain anything by swapping the 722k for a 612 as both would be included as a primary receiver with a programming package. You'd still have the $6 account level DVR fee. Swapping the 222 for a 612 solo HD DVR would save $4 per month. The 612 is supposed to cost $10 while the 222 will cost $14. You could have a second DVR and save a few bucks. Of course you would lose the independent TV2 output of the 222 in swapping. There's also the 211k which can be turned into a DVR by adding an external HDD and paying a one-time fee of $40. Its cost is supposed to remain at $7 per month. The 612 records 2 Sat channels and 1 OTA channel simultaneously.

Will they let me do the swap at 5 months out, especially since they know I don't use the 722k as a dual reciever?

My brain really hurts trying to wade through this post.

You can change receivers any time you want. Many of us use our 722s for a single TV. E* doesn't care how it's used. You pay the same either way. Of course all of this is based on what we think E* is planning. We'll know for sure later this AM during the retailer chat.

The pricing will become OFFICIAL today and will be announced to Dish Network retailers at NOON Eastern Time.

Of course SatelliteGuys will be following the announcements and have full details here at SatelliteGuys.US!

Stay Tuned!

It's ultimately up to you, Scott, but I think a new thread is in order when you unveil the OFFICIAL announcement after Noon. This thread seems very worn out.

Eric

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)