UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
going up,. up up

All the fees are going up for BOB just cause he does keep the bad mouthing going. Charlie has found his bill and is raising it 100% so that he will go to FIOS. :D

If Bob switches to FIOS then will he have a right to complain about Dish problems anymore?

Dish already charges a fee if you call them to order a PPV or to downgrade service (thats $5 for regular stations and $10 for premiums). A fee to return the equipment. A fee to drop DHPP (which is being renamed), a fee to turn service back on of $25 (although you can get them to waive this).

I wonder what it will be like ten years from now. Everything will probably be IP based.

Hey, that's not funny, I was just kidding and being sarcastic. Dish Network is not stupid enough to tack on even more fees (are they?)

Some of us thought it was hysterical, including Bob. Get out of the "intensive" care ward.

My question is they said the advantage package will be eliminated. Quote “Effective February 1, 2010, the “with DVR” packages (formerly known as DishDVR Advantage) will no longer be available. Existing customers subscribing to the “with DVR” packages will be billed separately for each component of the “with DVR” package.

Does this mean that the locals will be charged separately?

NO it should mean your dvr fee will be separate. The locals will be included with your basic programming pack, unless DISH doesn't carry your locals on the satellite.

I grow weary of all the speculation. Yeah I know there's now an "official email" but as simple as they're trying to make it (yeah right) I'm still too stupid to forecast what my new bill is going to look like.

So.... I know what it is NOW.... and I'll just wait to see what it is AFTER. But in the meantime I have more important things to do than worry about it and get pissed off over ..... something...

Am I happy about a price increase? Of course not. But cable used to raise rates like yearly and everything else is going up too so what's the big deal ? If their new pricing structure is too much for you.... you quit. That seems simple enough. If you can stand a few dollars higher then you stay. Also seems simple. If your bill happens to go DOWN... then you do a little happy dance and march on to other things.

As I get closer to retirement, I wonder if we could wean ourselves off of pay TV altogether and just go back to OTA. It would save a metric assload of money, that's for sure.

Meanwhile.... I have stuff to do. :)

I know that everyone thinks this is confusing, but change is always a little confusing. I myself think that the fees are very simple. It will make it a lot easier to figure out someone's bill. The biggest thing that confuses people is that their bills may go up and there is no real answer why.

Overall I think this will all work out. I think they will make adjustments from what happens in the 1st quarter. Just need to weather the storm.

I am more confused now. I thought this receiver fee covered the $6 DVR fee?
No. DVR fees have always been separate.
And the first receiver is free. Which one. The more expensive one or the cheaper one?
Whichever receiver is primary on your account. Usually it is the one that you established your account with. If you're not sure, check your account on the DISH Network website.

I grow weary of all the speculation. Yeah I know there's now an "official email" but as simple as they're trying to make it (yeah right) I'm still too stupid to forecast what my new bill is going to look like.

So.... I know what it is NOW.... and I'll just wait to see what it is AFTER. But in the meantime I have more important things to do than worry about it and get pissed off over ..... something...

Am I happy about a price increase? Of course not. But cable used to raise rates like yearly and everything else is going up too so what's the big deal ? If their new pricing structure is too much for you.... you quit. That seems simple enough. If you can stand a few dollars higher then you stay. Also seems simple. If your bill happens to go DOWN... then you do a little happy dance and march on to other things.

As I get closer to retirement, I wonder if we could wean ourselves off of pay TV altogether and just go back to OTA. It would save a metric assload of money, that's for sure.

Meanwhile.... I have stuff to do. :)

:up:up

Scott, we need to encourage everyone here a SatelliteGuys to send an email at least daily to CEO with your little tagline about the DVR whole house fee at the bottom of your posts.

Barrage them with their stupidity, I'm not sure it will help, but I makes me feel better and My bill is only going up $2.02.

Scott, we need to encourage everyone here a SatelliteGuys to send an email at least daily to CEO with your little tagline about the DVR whole house fee at the bottom of your posts.

Barrage them with their stupidity, I'm not sure it will help, but I makes me feel better and My bill is only going up $2.02.

Not sure it will help either but their stupidity is astonishing. The 625/522 receivers fee is the same as the HD DVRs (622,722, 722k), $17.00. At least be fair to the people that do not have HD programming and still have their SD DVRs.

They dont want people pissed off that they have to pay more when they get their receivers upgraded to 722 from a 522 (example) so they decided to go ahead and make all the fees the same now because it benefits Dish Network and they figure it will pay for part of their costs of the swapouts by the time they have to do it.

I think Dish is using these fees to pay for the swapouts.

I've started to wonder now, is there any point to actually buying a receiver vs leasing it? It seems you no longer will save anything by buying it as all the fees apply regardless. I guess you don't get stuck with a contract. But if you're gonna spend the money to buy a receiver wouldn't you pretty much have already decided you are gonna stay.

I see receiver prices are dropping considerably. I assume Dish Network has lowered the cost to retailers. Gotta get more subs on the receiver fee gouging train.

I see receiver prices are dropping considerably. I assume Dish Network has lowered the cost to retailers. Gotta get more subs on the receiver fee gouging train.

Yeah whats up with that? I saw the prices drop on all the receivers on two different dish online retailers. Maybe they are dropping because no one will soon be able to afford the equipment fees, to have one as an extra receiver on their accounts. But the 211k is a good substitute dvr if you pay for the dvr software and add your own external hard drive. You can record 2 things at the same time: 1 ota/1 sat. The price is at a all time low at $119.99 at the dishstore.org.

Well owned equiptement doesnt REQUIRE you to pay 15 bucks per box to return it at end of lease. plus you can still watch the stuff on the hard drive. by the time you pay the upgrade fee, are tied to a contract you cant change but E can at any time. your probably better off buying. plus you can sell the leftover box when your done, true it may not be worth much:(

I have made up a list of ways to send e a message if anyones interested?

Last edited:
MY bill

When will the new billing start? The following is my Dish bill. It is due on 2/7/10. Can anyone tell me how it will change. I have a 722, 625 and 3 525's. I own the 625. Dish swapped out 3 721's for the 525's and I lease the 722.

Service Date(s) Detailed Activity
Previous Balance $ 179.56
Jan 07 Credit Card Payment -179.56
$ 0.00
Monthly Charges
Feb 01 - Feb 28 DuoDVR Receiver 5.00
DuoDVR Receiver 5.00
DuoDVR Receiver 5.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
DISH Flicks 1.95
TV2 Receiver Connection Waived 0.00
Reimbursement of CT Gross Earnings Tax 3.53
America's Everything Pak With Locals 102.98
America's Everything - Adjustment -15.00
DuoDVR Receiver 5.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
$ 123.46
Pay-Per-View
Dec 03 THE PROPOSAL 4.99
Jan 05 NHL Center ice Pkg 0 04 of 04 40.95
$ 45.94
Taxes
Jan 18 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 10.16
Total AutoPay on Feb 07, 2010 $ 179.56

Thanks Murray

When will the new billing start? The following is my Dish bill. It is due on 2/7/10. Can anyone tell me how it will change. I have a 722, 625 and 3 525's. I own the 625. Dish swapped out 3 721's for the 525's and I lease the 722.

Service Date(s) Detailed Activity
Previous Balance $ 179.56
Jan 07 Credit Card Payment -179.56
$ 0.00
Monthly Charges
Feb 01 - Feb 28 DuoDVR Receiver 5.00
DuoDVR Receiver 5.00
DuoDVR Receiver 5.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
DISH Flicks 1.95
Reimbursement of CT Gross Earnings Tax 3.53
America's Everything Pak With Locals 102.98
America's Everything - Adjustment -15.00
DuoDVR Receiver 5.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
$ 123.46
Pay-Per-View
Dec 03 THE PROPOSAL 4.99
Jan 05 NHL Center ice Pkg 0 04 of 04 40.95
$ 45.94
Taxes
Jan 18 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 10.16
Total AutoPay on Feb 07, 2010 $ 179.56

Thanks Murray

A E friendly 40 bucks more a month:( $12 times three for the 3 extra receivers plus DVR fee. Less a few few bucks less since AEP went down.

You are like me at one time with houseguests we had 4 receivers,.\\

At 5 bucks for the extras no biggie:) at 17 bucks :(

you can still watch the stuff on the hard drive.

Bob I do not want to cancel, but I find your statement about still watching stuff on the hard drive a little misleading. Guess if all you record on is the internal hard drive of the receiver this would be true, but I started using external hard drives as soon as they were allowed and they dont work without an antenna. There are programs that I have recorded that I want to save and the built in hard drives are extremely limited. Again I do not want to cancel Dish Network because it is extremely satisfying but I have determined that there is no access to the externally archived recordings without the Dish antenna connected. Not sure what would happen if you had the antenna connected but without service. My thinking is that if a person actually cancelled their service they would not be able to access archived recordings from their external hard drive. I could be wrong about this, but this is something I would have to think about myself because I am rather fond of the many recorded programs that I have saved to external hard drive. Maybe this is something I should ask Dish about, but I am not sure I am going to like what I find out. The ability to save progams on an external hard drive with their equipment is extremely nice. I don't think recordings would be accessable after the service is cancelled. This is something to think about.

I wonder how many people will go online to research this once they actually get their bills and then find this site since it shows up in the search results and then start complaining. We could see a big jump in people coming to satelliteguys as a result. I think we have only begun to hear the complainers.

When I have a problem with something I look it up online and read other people's conversations about the same problems that they had.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)