Updated New Pricing Info

ok...I have the 180 pak now (to be 250 feb 1) According to info on the DVR advantage packages, I should be able to get that without an 18 month commitment if I sign up for auto pay..correct?

I just received notice of my statement which billed me from 2/3/07-3/2/07 and nothing changed such as the package name or price. I thought their was a price increase effective 2/1/07? What gives. I did just sign up for Dish in Dec 06 but I was under the impression that no one would be exempt from the increase.

I just received notice of my statement which billed me from 2/3/07-3/2/07 and nothing changed such as the package name or price. I thought their was a price increase effective 2/1/07? What gives. I did just sign up for Dish in Dec 06 but I was under the impression that no one would be exempt from the increase.
Patience, my friend. The new pricing will take effect soon enough.

Ok fellas, I've read threw this thread with great interest and would appreciate some advice. I currently have AEP, three receivers (2 625's and a 942), and the old VOOM channels. There are a few HD channels I'm missing when I compare what I have to what my son has, who got his service some months ago.

My contract is up the end of February and I called about the metallic packages and was told that I can't get them because of the receiver I have. Guess I'll have to get an updated version of the 942.

What are my options? Specifically, should I update and jump on one of the metallic packages now (Gold or Plat) before the metallics disappeare? Or should I wait for my contract to end then see what offers they have? Or should I switch to DirecTV and go after those promised 100 HD channels? Last time I was in here, I read that DirecTV HD was inferrior to Dish's HD.

Thanks!

The "updated 942" is called a 622. There is really no difference between the metalic packages and the new standard packages plus HD. You'll be paying the increased amounts either way.

The "updated 942" is called a 622. There is really no difference between the metalic packages and the new standard packages plus HD. You'll be paying the increased amounts either way.

Thanks for putting it simply for me. But will I be hit with an increase even IF I upgrade BEFORE the scheduled Feb increase?

Something else I'd like to bounce off of you,... when I called Dish, I was told that I qualified for a $50 reduction on the upgrade of the 942 because of the date I leased it. Seems as though I leased close enough to the launch of the 622 where it would cost me 149 up front instead of 199. I was also told that when I sent the 942 back, I would receive an instand $100 credit to my account AND I also qualified for a $10 credit per month for 10 months if I sign some type of coupon thing. Did I hear this right, 'cause if I did, I'm getting my $149 back, plus an addtional $50 for upgrading. And would this coupon thing lock me into a longer than 18 month contract?

I guess my main thing is,... can I escape the increase if I upgrade and commit to another 18 months BEFORE Feb, or would it make more sense to just wait until my contract ends and hope I can get a better deal in Dish's bid to keep me as a sub?

Again,... thanks for the response and advice!

Even if you upgrade before the increase you'll get hit with it once it becomes effective. What you describe sounds like the current offer, plus an extra $50 because of whatever date they were talking about. The coupon is actually a mail in rebate that you have to send in and the commitment is 18 months (from when you upgrade). Sounds like a good deal to me. Go for it.

Right now I have DishHD Bronze + locals. With the new package structure it looks like I will be converted to AT100 and DishHD + locals. I have been wanting to add the local sports pack part of the old AT60+ and Dish told me I'd have to upgrade to DishHD Gold and I declined. I'm assuming that AT100+ contains the local sport pack.

So now will I be able to upgrade to AT100+ ?

Right now I have DishHD Bronze + locals. With the new package structure it looks like I will be converted to AT100 and DishHD + locals. I have been wanting to add the local sports pack part of the old AT60+ and Dish told me I'd have to upgrade to DishHD Gold and I declined. I'm assuming that AT100+ contains the local sport pack.

So now will I be able to upgrade to AT100+ ?

It looks like the metallics didn't accomodate the '+' enhancement to the AT60. So since you were a Bronze, you had no choice but to step up to another metal. But now that they're gonna do away with the metallics and go back to the old AT packages and just allowing us to add HD to them, you'll be able to do your local sports (plus) and a few other things the plus offered. But under the old pricing, the AT60+ was the same price as the next AT pack up. Did you notice that? That kinda puzzled me!

It looks like the metallics didn't accomodate the '+' enhancement to the AT60. So since you were a Bronze, you had no choice but to step up to another metal. But now that they're gonna do away with the metallics and go back to the old AT packages and just allowing us to add HD to them, you'll be able to do your local sports (plus) and a few other things the plus offered. But under the old pricing, the AT60+ was the same price as the next AT pack up. Did you notice that? That kinda puzzled me!
Puzzles me too, I just checked the Dish web site for prices. I could swear that when I checked a few months ago AT60+ (then $34.99 ???, now $39.99) was only $5 more than AT60 (now $29.99). So AT60+ and AT120 are the same price (now $39.99). AT120 looks like it has all the channels as AT60+ and lots more. So what are we missing or is AT120 just a bargain?

Puzzles me too, I just checked the Dish web site for prices. I could swear that when I checked a few months ago AT60+ (then $34.99 ???, now $39.99) was only $5 more than AT60 (now $29.99). So AT60+ and AT120 are the same price (now $39.99). AT120 looks like it has all the channels as AT60+ and lots more. So what are we missing or is AT120 just a bargain?

Who knows friend. In my opinion they make these choices purposely difficult, complex and confusing,... the appearance of an abundance of choice but not really! For example, the DVR fee, which baffles me to no end, is used mainly to herd us into first the AEP pack (the premium channels). Especially for those customers with 3 or more receivers. You decline the movie channels and they hit you with 18 bucks in fees,... 24 bucks if you have 4 receivers. You might as well cough up another 6 bucks and get movies you'll never watch. So declining movies as a choice to save money is an illusion!

Still a little puzzled...
Currently AT60+ on the Dish web site shows as $39.99.
On the new pricing list (PDF, first post of this thread) AT60+ shows as $34.99 and is being converted to AT100+. Shows as no change in price but it is $5 less than current price. Nothing is mentioned about locals but maybe they are dropping locals from AT100+ ?

Still a little puzzled...
Currently AT60+ on the Dish web site shows as $39.99.
On the new pricing list (PDF, first post of this thread) AT60+ shows as $34.99 and is being converted to AT100+. Shows as no change in price but it is $5 less than current price. Nothing is mentioned about locals but maybe they are dropping locals from AT100+ ?

You know what hiker,... I think there was mention of locals not being included in the pricing examples and changes. Look for an asteric or something,... but I could swear I read it in the pdf somewhere.

My real question is will HD locals be offered for the same 5 bucks, or will it just be included in the HD add-on @ 20 bucks. For the areas that already have HD locals, I think they're payng the regular 5 bucks,... I could be wrong though! They'll probably make another nickel-n-dime profit center out of it. Hope not!

Ok. So good thing I checked on here before calling Dish as I am wanting to upgrade to a DVR receiver. I have read through all 14 pages of this post, but no one seemed to be in my situation. So I hope you all can help me with this!!

Now:
Dish 500 with 301 and 322 receivers. I do currently use CC Autopay.
  • AT 120 ......... $39.99
  • Add. Rec........ $5.00
  • DHPP............. $5.99
  • DHPP Credit.... - $5.99 (just had my 12th month credit)
  • Total: $44.99
Under the current price structure, I would pay a onetime fee of $69 to make the 322 a 625. Then I would have to pay the montly $5.98 DVR fee. That would make my bill $50.97.

Then:
Dish 500 with 301 and 625 receivers.
  • AT 200 DVR Advantage ...........$49.99
  • Add. Rec...............................$5.00
  • DHPP....................................$5.99
  • DHPP Credit..........................- $5.99 (no renewal due to CCA or am I wrong)
  • Total: $54.99
Now, I think I have all that figured out but here is where I am confused. the PDF in the first post states that locals for $5 are included in the DVR Advantage package. However, I do not qualify for locals in my area, and therefore get them from NPS (All American Direct). Do I get $5 taken off the DVR Advantage rate due to not being eligible for locals?

Also, if I were to wait to upgrade after the increase takes effect, would I still have to pay the ugrade fee (currently $69) to go to the 625?

Others are right, they are making this more confusing, but by the same token, it hasn't "officially" been released with exact details. I love Dish and have no problem upping with them or anything, I am just trying to get the best bang for my buck so I can have DVR. Can't miss 24 ya now. LOL.

I'll appreciate any and all help to my situation, if anyone can!
Thanks in advance!

K.R.

Last edited:
I'm currently on the Platinum+locals with two 622's. The only movie channels I care about are HBOHD and StarzHD. I'm already on autopay.

Am I correct that changing to Dish Advantage Top 200 (rounding 49.99 to 50) + two movie packs(22) + HD(20) =total monthly charges of 92?

If the Dish Advantage includes one movie pack in the 69.99 (HBO) then am I correct that changing to Dish Advantage Top 250 (rounding 69.99 to 70) + Starz (13.00) plus HD (20) = total monthly charges of 103?

I'm currently on the Platinum+locals with two 622's. The only movie channels I care about are HBOHD and StarzHD. I'm already on autopay.

Am I correct that changing to Dish Advantage Top 200 (rounding 49.99 to 50) + two movie packs(22) + HD(20) =total monthly charges of 92?

If the Dish Advantage includes one movie pack in the 69.99 (HBO) then am I correct that changing to Dish Advantage Top 250 (rounding 69.99 to 70) + Starz (13.00) plus HD (20) = total monthly charges of 103?

I'm in that same boat trying to decide if its worth the extra movie channels that the Top 250 gives you. Except I am thinking of Showtime not Starz. So the question is, is $10/month worth the extra movie channels in the 250 package?

Edited add in
On the flip side if I subscribe to the packages without the locals what does this come out too. Having a 622 on its way to me this week.

$69.99 for Dish Advantage which includes one movie package. It does not seem like that long ago when we could get AEP for $69.99.

This may have been asked already so I apologize. What if you already meet all the requirements for the DVRAdvantage program? Will your bill automatically reflect this or will you still have to sign up for it?

Sorry again if this was already brought up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts