Updates on the Launch of DIRECTV 10

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still on track for June.

Lets hope so, DirecTV needs it. The future of DirecTV lies on the successfull launch of this satellite.

Still on track for June.

Lets hope so, DirecTV needs it. The future of DirecTV lies on the successfull launch of this satellite.

Now that is a pretty dramatic statement. God forbid there is any accident of course, but I'm sure they will survive as they have DirecTV11 and DirecTV 12 if they were to need them.

wait I am confused, D11 is pushed back because of the sealaunch acciident, supposedly, but everyone kept saying no worry D10 is the big one to fret about, and its okay as this one will provide most of the HD, now its Dont worry about D10 as D11 and D12 are the ones to worry about?

DIRECTV 11 was pushed back - and the msot recent things I have read are that it is only going to be about 6 months behind - that it should launch around end of this year.

And yes, the most recent DirecTV comments stated that DIRECTV 10 would offer enough capacity to keep their '100' HD channel comittments.

I think the second post was just to stir the flames actually. Which is OK IMO.

Scobuck - you're misreading.

Something like "good, maybe their hd selection might catch dish...finally..." Would be flame stirring ;D

Scobuck - you're misreading.

Something like "good, maybe their hd selection might catch dish...finally..." Would be flame stirring ;D

Ok - sorry. But since I already feel they are leading with their HD selection (quality of programming choices, not quantity of channels), I can see why I would take it the other way. But as I mentioned, didn't faze me really.

:)

What type of HD channels are we taking about? I'm not a Sunday ticket subscriber because I only follow the Saints and Colts. Both are shown almost every Sunday here.

What type of HD channels are we taking about? I'm not a Sunday ticket subscriber because I only follow the Saints and Colts. Both are shown almost every Sunday here.

DirecTV10 and DirecTV11 will both allow for more local HD channels in addition to more national HD channels, such as Cineman-HD, Starz-HD, National Geographic-HD, A&E-HD, Food Network-HD, etc.

I can only speak for myself - like tonight for example. Right now I'm toggling back and forth between the RedSox in HD (ESPN-2) and the Mets (SNY-HD), until 8 when I will switch to the Yankees (YES-HD).

On my smaller TV in my family room I have the MLB game mix channel on so that I can watch all of the games in progress.

Tomorrow I have the Angels at Indians in HD at noon, Mariners RedSox in HD at 4, and then the Mets-Phillies in HD at 7 and Tampa-Minnesota in HD at 8.

Now that's what I'm talking about - can't speak for the others though.

DirecTV10 and DirecTV11 will both allow for more local HD channels in addition to more national HD channels, such as Cineman-HD, Starz-HD, National Geographic-HD, A&E-HD, Food Network-HD, etc.

I think he was talking about ScoBuck's comment on his thinking DirecTV is already the HD leader. I want whatever ScoBuck has been taking.:D

Must be some good stuff.....:)

Just read my previous post - I have always said that my thing is sports (as my signature has read), and if YOUR thing was sports you would 100% agree with me. If your thing is KUNG FU, or MONSTERS - well good for you.

I wouldn't trade - cause if I wanted the other I would have it, it is really that simple.

I think he was talking about ScoBuck's comment on his thinking DirecTV is already the HD leader. I want whatever ScoBuck has been taking.:D

Please please don't mis-quote me, I did NOT say anytime ever in that post that DirecTV was the HD leader. I DID say that I feel they are the leader in HD programming choices (obviously -or I would get DISH) - and since I overwhelmingly prefer sports - it is an accurate statement IMO. If you prefer VOOM, good for you, that's obviously why you have DISH.

What I have been taking (or taking in that is) is LOTS of HD baseball.

I can only speak for myself - like tonight for example. Right now I'm toggling back and forth between the RedSox in HD (ESPN-2) and the Mets (SNY-HD), until 8 when I will switch to the Yankees (YES-HD).

On my smaller TV in my family room I have the MLB game mix channel on so that I can watch all of the games in progress.

Tomorrow I have the Angels at Indians in HD at noon, Mariners RedSox in HD at 4, and then the Mets-Phillies in HD at 7 and Tampa-Minnesota in HD at 8.

Now that's what I'm talking about - can't speak for the others though.

Sure, rub it in! ;) Here in CT we don't get SNY in hd, the Sox are blacked out on ESPN and the Yanks aren't in hd, either.

Please please don't mis-quote me, I did NOT say anytime ever in that post that DirecTV was the HD leader.

But since I already feel they are leading with their HD selection

Sorry but I read it as your feel they are leading with their HD selection. So my comment that they are YOUR HD leader is correct. If my comment is not true you must think that Dish has better HD offering than DirecTV. I did not try to miss quote you just stated what I think your comment says. If they are best for you I think that is great.

Sure, rub it in! ;) Here in CT we don't get SNY in hd, the Sox are blacked out on ESPN and the Yanks aren't in hd, either.

Well - take a look at the attack (as usual) on a positive DirecTV thread. a link to an article that the new sat is gettng ready to launch. Another rub about catching DISH (why in heavens would I switch baseball and football for Monsters & Kung Fu?). This thread was never meant to be a D* vs E* fight.

Thought I would spell it out. After all there is a thread with about 350 posts and 20,000 views about DISH not carrying EI.

Show me the thread with 20,000 views where D* subs are pining about getting VOOM please.

If you prefer VOOM, good for you, that's obviously why you have DISH.

Never once said that I have Dish because of Voom. I switched to Dish because of National Geographic HD, FoodTV HD, HGTV HD and Starz HD. I also did not like how Directv took channels down for Sunday Ticket. I could care less about 90% of the Voom channels right now but there are a few that I like (Rave). If Directv passes Dish by and improves their quality then I have no problem going back to them.

I personally think the more HD choices the better for all of us. Hopefully D* will launch there Sats and the HD ware will begin again. I want to see all of the providers add as much HD as possible.

Sorry but I read it as your feel they are leading with their HD selection. So my comment that they are YOUR HD leader is correct. If my comment is not true you must think that Dish has better HD offering than DirecTV. I did not try to miss quote you just stated what I think your comment says. If they are best for you I think that is great.

No - actually DISH has more channels. My opinion - SO WHAT? I think the DirecTV HD offering IS BETTER. It's my opinion, that's why I have them. This is not a fight with you.

If we are talking most channels - DISH wins

If we are talking preferred HD programming choices - IMHO DirecTV wins hands down. I am a sports person. That should tell you all you need to know about it. I do not sub to ANY movie premiums, I never buy PPV, I buy NFL and MLB. nuff said. I have never watched FOOD, HGTV and maybe once NG in SD so I don't care about them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts