Updates on the Launch of DIRECTV 10

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Even tonight, a scroll thru some other providers threads will show the agony of not having local RSN-HD (like NESN, or YES, or SNY). I guess for some of those folks, they have more HD channels, but they DON'T have the ones they want to watch. That is my point. It's really simple IMO.

Well - take a look at the attack (as usual) on a positive DirecTV thread. a link to an article that the new sat is gettng ready to launch. Another rub about catching DISH (why in heavens would I switch baseball and football for Monsters & Kung Fu?). This thread was never meant to be a D* vs E* fight.

Thought I would spell it out. After all there is a thread with about 350 posts and 20,000 views about DISH not carrying EI.

Show me the thread with 20,000 views where D* subs are pining about getting VOOM please.

You are correct about the attacks. I am being patient and waiting for the new sats so that I can eventually get all of the rsn's in hd. I am eligible for six of them, none in hd!

Actually, I'm into sports. That's all I watch sports and movies. I want my FSBA in HD, Comcast and Directv have it but I can wait, it will come. If you like Directv, hey good for you. I didn't get Dish Network for Voom either. I tried Directv once and I will never go back to them. I just prefer Dish Network, to ME they're just better overall. Just like you prefer Directv, to YOU they're better overall.

As far as Directv as the overall HD leaders, I don't think so. Maybe when they launch the 100 HD channels they've been promising but right now Dish Network is the HD leader. E* has HD programming for everyone out there, Directv doesn't.

You are correct about the attacks. I am being patient and waiting for the new sats so that I can eventually get all of the rsn's in hd. I am eligible for six of them, none in hd!

If you all thought I was attacking D* or you about having them or liking their product, I am extremely sorry. That is not what I was trying to do in this thread. I miss spoke and I am sorry for that.

Hope you're all enjoying the NHL playoffs on VS in HD.
You mean you're not tuned into VOOM? I'm surprised.

BTW, welcome to the DirecTV forums.

And actually, I didn't even know there was a hockey game on - too much baseball here.

If you all thought I was attacking D* or you about having them or liking their product, I am extremely sorry. That is not what I was trying to do in this thread. I miss spoke and I am sorry for that.

Well - your first post WAS pretty sarcastic. But so what, you are entitled to your opinion.

Well - your first post WAS pretty sarcastic. But so what, you are entitled to your opinion.

If you can't have a little fun, life is not worth living. You take things way to personal around here.

BTW, have you ever had the chance to watch some of the Voom channels for any period of time?

Nice to have something to look forward to, but I am always restrained about getting too excited until I actually see the channels pop up on the screen.

It is not an attack on DirecTV, I'm sure, to say that their marketing guys usually like to make promises the complex technology of satellite launches sometimes cannot fulfill.

I'm assuming that we'll have to have not only an HR20, but also a 5 LNB dish to get all this promising new stuff?

I stand by my statement, DirecTV needs to get the satellite up and have a good launch, without it much of their plans which they have been talking about for the last 2 years are out the window.

I said the same thing a few years ago when Dish announced their "SuperDish" plans. We all saw what happened with that.

I know the companies try pumping up the future because its good for their stock and also leads to a lot of talk on forums like ours, but if something goes wrong it could take YEARS for them to recover fully.

As I have said before, I hope that the launch goes off without a hitch and that the satellite works great. DirecTV needs to keep their 100 HD channel promise and if they do its good for everyone as Dish and the cable companies will also turn up the heat to compete. And if everyone is offering more services and better services then we all benefit.

Scott - the first statement:

"The future of DirecTV lies on the successfull launch of this satellite"

and the second statement:

"DirecTV needs to get the satellite up and have a good launch, without it much of their plans which they have been talking about for the last 2 years are out the window'

Are dramatically different.

While any problem or delay with DIRECTV 10 would not be good, I don't think the 6 or so month push back that it would cause would signal the end of DirecTV - and that is what your first statement implies. They do have D11 and purchased a third (D12) which is also being built as we speak for just such a contingency.

Truth be known - just how much of the total general public is so aware of what we here dissect everyday? Not too high I'm afraid.

I don't think the 6 or so month push back that it would cause would signal the end of DirecTV
Why do you think it would only take DirecTV 6 months to recover? Satellites take over 2 years to get built tested and launched.

That would be a BAD thing.

Nice to have something to look forward to, but I am always restrained about getting too excited until I actually see the channels pop up on the screen.

It is not an attack on DirecTV, I'm sure, to say that their marketing guys usually like to make promises the complex technology of satellite launches sometimes cannot fulfill.

I'm assuming that we'll have to have not only an HR20, but also a 5 LNB dish to get all this promising new stuff?

Yes, an HR20 or H20. They are both mpeg4.

BTW - the Stars vs Canucks HD game is on D* also. But as I said before, until it was mentioned, I didn't know nor care.

Why do you think it would only take DirecTV 6 months to recover? Satellites take over 2 years to get built tested and launched.

That would be a BAD thing.

Simple really Scott. They have said that they will be able to provide the 100 channels with only D10, so if they had to wait the 6 months extra for D11 to launch, that's how.

Also, D12 is CURRENTLY being built - they bought it as a ground spare. i'm guessing for just this type of contingency.

hope you enjoyed it. I was busy going back and forth between the RedSox, Mets, and Yankees in HD myself

Ok - sorry. But since I already feel they are leading with their HD selection (quality of programming choices, not quantity of channels), I can see why I would take it the other way. But as I mentioned, didn't faze me really.

:)

LOL... Do you have that special D* HD service or something? I can guarantee you if I handed 100 people the list of HD channels D* and E* (without the Vooms), I bet 95 would pick E*.

I'd love to see D* steal the national HD leader status from E*. I can care less about HD LiL's at this point...OTA is better quality and priced a little better. Competition is an awesome thing!

Geez, with all the sports hormones and alpha-male chest pounding goin on here about who has the bigger, um, HD, one would think that macho men wouldn't whine as much as they do. My HD is better than your HD. :rolleyes: I hope all the people who make comments here make their thoughts known to both E* and D*. Give me choice but, give me choice with a quality picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts