Updating my current set-up.....need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikemcq02

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
I have been a customer since '06 and pretty much have the same set-up and equipment. I just bought a 3rd HD tv for the bedroom so I would like to get HD going on that too.

Here is my current set-up: Livingroom TV (Main) has the silver HD DVR HR20-700, basement bigscreen has HD H20-100 and then currently two other TV's on Standard D11-500's. Told you they were original equipment.

Anyhow, I would like to add HD to new TV and I am interested in adding another DVR receiver since we seem to be filling up and fighting over the one DVR we have.

I have heard and read up on this Whole Home DVR. I am trying to figure out what is the best route for me to go. Having the abililty to watch recorded shows on other TV's is intriging, but like I mentioned I would like to be able to tape more shows and have each of us able to watch our recorded shows by not having to sit through each others shows first!

What do you all think would be my best bang for the buck and what additional costs should I expect?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!! :)

You will need to upgrade the sd receivers to hd in order to use mrv on them, as well as the additional hd dvr. I don't know what kind of deal Directv will give you, but you will likely pay $199 for the dvr and MAYBE get the two hd receivers at no cost. If you pay for the mrv upgrade they may throw in the dvr, too. No one here can tell you for certain. Why not call Directv and ask them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)