updrading to HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Katz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
I am going to call D* today to see what kind of offer they can give me to upgrade to HD. I've never done this before. Can anyone tell me what to expect, and if I accept the offer how the process works? Do I order the H20 or HR20 and then schedule the install when I get it? Does the new dish come with the new receiver or does the installer bring it? How long does it usually take? Any other tips/ info I should know?

When you call to upgrade to HD DirecTV will schedule your install at that time. The installer will bring the receiver and dish with him/her. When I've called the install was within 2-3 days.

I'm not trying to minimize what happened to you - you're obviously very upset about it, since you're posting it all over this forum... just want to make sure others know that this is not a common experience.

I am sorry that this happened to you. Really.

I too am sympathetic to your situation, I've read the long thread on the subject,

BUT,

Posting all over the forum is not addressing the OP's questions regarding getting service.

You can only stand on one soap box at a time.

Now to the OP.

As stated above you order everything at the same time, including the installation. How long it takes depends on how busy the installer is.

The installer "should" have everything needed to complete the upgrade. I've upgraded dish's and receivers several times over the past 10 years, and I have NEVER had one issue with any of my upgrades with billing, equipment, or incompetence of installers.

Although one installer did have a flat tire in my driveway and I had to help him change it.

I too am sympathetic to your situation, I've read the long thread on the subject,

BUT,

Posting all over the forum is not addressing the OP's questions regarding getting service.

You can only stand on one soap box at a time.

Now to the OP.

As stated above you order everything at the same time, including the installation. How long it takes depends on how busy the installer is.

The installer "should" have everything needed to complete the upgrade. I've upgraded dish's and receivers several times over the past 10 years, and I have NEVER had one issue with any of my upgrades with billing, equipment, or incompetence of installers.

Although one installer did have a flat tire in my driveway and I had to help him change it.

hold on a second buddy. the original poster asked for advice on the same situation that I just went thru. I offered him advice based on my experience, just like he asked for. I started my one thread, and offered him advice like he asked for in this thread, so you are completely off base by saying all over the forum. nowhere else on this whole site have I badmouthed directv. i will learn from my mistake, and if others ask I will attempt to keep them from going thru the same situation as me.

Well all I can say is.. trust me.. the HD upgrade is SOO worth it. It wasn't before September.. but hell yeah it is now..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts