Upgrade 622 to 722k, new wiring or just a swap?

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I see there is a sling that would work in HD with the 722 and since my 622 is getting slower and slower ( guide is slow and editing timers takes way longer than it used to)

But i have a 522 and 622 now getting their signals from two splitters
Its a DISH 1000.2 i think but its 129/119/110

Now I would keep the 622 and get rid of the 522 and if possible put the 722 in the 522s place

but will the existing wiring work?

If it does its as simple swap i can do myself in minutes but i have a feeling there has to be more to it

Also i had a sling now thats the SD and i really hate the blurry even at 4 or 5mb speeds it runs on the network in the house. If the new one is actually a HD quality that i can push to my PCs i will def want to upgrade but first step is if the upgrade is easy or is going to need some new wiring or hardware

Last edited:
thanks, good to hear!
Now to decide to buy or just get dish to send me one. I've had a 622 since they were new hard to get and the best

thanks again

thanks, good to hear!
Now to decide to buy or just get dish to send me one. I've had a 622 since they were new hard to get and the best

thanks again

Get the 722K. And if you have good OTA signals, but the optional 2X OTA module. You can record 2 sat and 2 OTA at the same time.

OTA for me is just a PBS and at times CBS from 40 miles away but it's so low it cuts out even on a clear day. I'm in a hole and a hill is blocking me it appears.

I read about that sling adapter and some say the pro or solo is better than that newer waffle looking one. Some reviews were not so keen on it's quality on a network. I need to check into that more before I spent 100 on something that won't work well or as good as I expect it to.

edit

Called DISH and find out it's a free swap with 24 month so that's hard to turn down. 522 for a 722 for 0.00

Hum I double checked and it's not a k but a 722 but it's also free. Is there any reason for me to get a 722k over just a 722 but it might not be an option. When they ordered the swap the system appears to give me that unit not the 722k
Actually i think it's whatever is available on the floor when they go to ship is what i will probably get, 722 or 722k. whatever it's better than what I have

Kicking myself for now doing this a longgggggggggg time ago

thanks !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts