Upgrade.... a few questions

ndcoop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I am thinking of buying an HDTV and would therefore need to upgrade my dish to HD. A few questions:
1. What will be needed to complete the upgrade? I currently have a dish500 and dvr for SD television.
2. Will I be charged for the new dish and dvr for the upgrade?
3. How much additional a month am I looking at if I currently have 200 channels?
4. I currently have one dvr for two rooms. If I want one room to continue to be SD, will I need two receivers? thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

No matter what you subscribe to, HD only costs an additional $10 a month. For that you'll get the HD version of whatever in your package is available in HD, plus a few channels that don't have non-HD versions. (If what we're hearing now is correct, in August this number will go up as they fold the Platinum pack, which used to cost an additional $10, into the normal packages for no charge.)

I am thinking of buying an HDTV and would therefore need to upgrade my dish to HD. A few questions:
1. What will be needed to complete the upgrade? I currently have a dish500 and dvr for SD television.
2. Will I be charged for the new dish and dvr for the upgrade?
3. How much additional a month am I looking at if I currently have 200 channels?
4. I currently have one dvr for two rooms. If I want one room to continue to be SD, will I need two receivers? thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

1. Dish will take care of the dish, what is added depends upon where you are located.
2. The new dish (or added wing dish) is part of the upfront fee you pay to upgrade the receiver. You can switch to DVR Advantage which includes one dvr fee, otherwise it is $5.98 per month.
3. HD is $10 per month for available HD versions of your current sd channels. Another $10 if you want platinum added on top of those (this fee may be disappearing in the near future, no one is really sure at this time).
4. A 622 or 722 will work 1 HD tv and 1 sd tv from the one receiver.