Upgrade dish and receiver for cabin

DAR_1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2019
Coeur d alene
Hi, I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer. I want to upgrade the dish and receiver at our cabin that we "share" the main house service account with HD programming and local channels. Right now there is a old 18" dish and a D12/100 receiver. I am seeing that they may discontinue the old equipment and would rather upgrade before it is too late.

I will have only 1 TV that needs service with 1 receiver at the cabin.

I just purchases a Slimline SL3S4R2-03 dish and need to know the below.

1) Do I need a power inserter or any other supplies other than the complete dish that I have?

2) Is this dish SWM? The green sticker on the LNB, says SWM

3) Is the H24 or H25 the best receiver to pair with this dish?

4) Can I use the access card from my old D12 receiver or does the new receiver need to have it's own card?

Please help as I don't know where to start, thanks.

Call Directv and have them upgrade the D12 to HD. If they insist on coming to your house, have them install it in a spare bedroom.

Slimline dish makes no difference. If it’s a SWm LNB with 1 connection, you will need a power inserter and either H25 or H24 will work.

If it has 4 outputs, only H24 will work and you will need a bband converter.

Hi, I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer. I want to upgrade the dish and receiver at our cabin that we "share" the main house service account with HD programming and local channels. Right now there is a old 18" dish and a D12/100 receiver. I am seeing that they may discontinue the old equipment and would rather upgrade before it is too late.

I will have only 1 TV that needs service with 1 receiver at the cabin.

I just purchases a Slimline SL3S4R2-03 dish and need to know the below.

1) Do I need a power inserter or any other supplies other than the complete dish that I have?

2) Is this dish SWM? The green sticker on the LNB, says SWM

3) Is the H24 or H25 the best receiver to pair with this dish?

4) Can I use the access card from my old D12 receiver or does the new receiver need to have it's own card?

Please help as I don't know where to start, thanks.
You do need a power inserter since the lnb is a swm type. Either an H24 or H25 is fine. You will need a new card. The only issue is you will probably have to get the receiver from AT&T because they aren't authorizing boxes that they don't supply directly.

Call Directv and have them upgrade the D12 to HD. If they insist on coming to your house, have them install it in a spare bedroom.

Slimline dish makes no difference. If it’s a SWm LNB with 1 connection, you will need a power inserter and either H25 or H24 will work.

If it has 4 outputs, only H24 will work and you will need a bband converter.
Hi, thanks for the info it is very helpful. I have a SWm LNB with 1 connection. I will purchase the power inserter, have directv come out and upgrade the receiver, (btw they did insist on coming out and will not let me swap out the receivers on my own) I will take the new receiver and dish and reinstall at the cabin.

Reactions: raoul5788
You do need a power inserter since the lnb is a swm type. Either an H24 or H25 is fine. You will need a new card. The only issue is you will probably have to get the receiver from AT&T because they aren't authorizing boxes that they don't supply directly.
thanks, good info. Do you know what new receiver AT&T will upgrade and give me? Will it be a H24 or H25? Also at home we have the genie set up so I hope they don't hassle me about installing a stand alone receiver in the "garage"

thanks, good info. Do you know what new receiver AT&T will upgrade and give me? Will it be a H24 or H25? Also at home we have the genie set up so I hope they don't hassle me about installing a stand alone receiver in the "garage"
Which Genie, HR44, HR54, or HS17?

You said you have a Genie. That's the one I'm asking about. It's either an HR44, HR54, or HS17.

great, thanks. should I request that receiver from Directv or is that what they still use?
You can't request a specific one, most likely it will be an H24. The H25 is smaller but essentially is the same except the H25 has to be on a swm system. Since you already have one it doesn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)