Upgrade from Hopper 2 to Hopper 3.

Sea Beagle

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
This is for upgrading from Hopper 2 to Hopper 3. Soooo all that I need to do is remove the solo node that the hopper 2 uses and replace that with this solo hub? I know the Hopper 2 has a hybrid LNB.

I have no need to hook to any joeys. I only have one tele set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought that might be in some menu. Will just hook up the solo hub to see if that works.

The Hopper 2 CAN use the hybrid LNB. It can also use the 1000.x WA/EA LNB. If you look at the LnB it will say what it is on it. If you do not have a hybrid LnB, you’ll need the DPH 42 hub, which would be overkill since you’ll only have one tv hooked up on the account.

Do any of these things refer to the type of LNB that is being used?
1f58b6c116d3d861f28c965de534b1b0.jpg

Yes, you have a 1000.4 WA LNB. It’s a Dish Pro Plus, so you’ll have to upgrade your LnB. Odd that it is a 1k.4, I’m assuming you’ve had it for about 5-10 years?

Reactions: harshness
Yes, you have a 1000.4 WA LNB. It’s a Dish Pro Plus, so you’ll have to upgrade your LnB. Odd that it is a 1k.4, I’m assuming you’ve had it for about 5-10 years?

That is about right on the timeline.

Upgrading the LNB Would be cheaper than the 42 hub.

But reaching the dish would be the hardest thing. Then there is the thing about misaligning the dish.

So what would happen if I used the puppy shown in the photograph?

574a46a6e1aab8ec2eaa66dbea9c0718.jpg

Hip Kat or JSheridan will likely be the best to answer that, but I don’t believe so. although I believe the hub can work with both, it is designed to work with DPH lnb or switch.

From what I read the Hopper 2 uses the hybrid LNB. The hybrid LNBs are used on Hopper 2 and Hopper 3s.

Just to be sure how can I tell which LNB I gave?

Hybrid LNB's are used on all Hoppers

He has to update his Dish, also, to a 1000.2

This is for upgrading from Hopper 2 to Hopper 3. Soooo all that I need to do is remove the solo node that the hopper 2 uses and replace that with this solo hub? I know the Hopper 2 has a hybrid LNB.

I have no need to hook to any joeys. I only have one tele set.

If you have a Solo Node, you don't have a hybrid LNBF.

Reactions: charlesrshell

But reaching the dish would be the hardest thing. Then there is the thing about misaligning the dish.

It won't work. You need 1000.2 Dish and a 1000.2 DPH LNBF. You can bypass the Solo hub if you only have 1 TV, although Dish doesn't advise it

It won't work. You need 1000.2 Dish and a 1000.2 DPH LNBF. You can bypass the Solo hub if you only have 1 TV, although Dish doesn't advise it
Can he use the DPH 42 switch to introduce the hybrid side along with the solo hub and continue to use his present dish and LNB?

Reactions: TheKrell

I only have one TV. Why would not DISH advise it?

How does one bypass the solo hub?

Just want to not have to pay DISH 150.00 to do any installation.

Actually I do not use any Joeys or Walls. So I really do not need any type of nodes or hubs.

But then again I would need the hub to support the 16 tuners the Hopper 3 has.

Of course I rarely use all tuners on my Hopper 2. So really would not even need the hub.

574a46a6e1aab8ec2eaa66dbea9c0718.jpg

When I cleaned up my Dual H3 install I found that Walmart is a good place to get D!SH parts. Got my Dual Hub there for $9.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
When I cleaned up my Dual H3 install I found that Walmart is a good place to get D!SH parts. Got my Dual Hub there for $9.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Send me the page address for that. All that I see is this.
64230f30e484fe239aa0075867ae9678.jpg

Here is what I read.

“How can you upgrade to the Hybrid dish?

Start by getting the Eastern Arc Hybrid (Slimline) LNB if you’re on the right side of the country or Western Arc Hybrid (Slimline) LNB if you’re on the left side. It’s very easy using a screwdriver to disconnect the old LNB, disconnect the cables coming from it, and reconnect the new LNB. I usually mark the position of the dish’s aiming bolts (found on the back and bottom) with a marker or pencil to make sure I don’t accidentally move them.

If you have only one cable coming out of your dish, this is the easiest option. However, if you have multiple cables coming out of the dish it is usually easier to upgrade to the DPH42 multiswitch instead. This multiswitch gives an older dish Hybrid capabilities and it can often be an easier install. With a DPH42 you don’t need to know if you need an Eastern Arc or Western Arc LNB. You’re leaving your existing LNB in place.”

Here is a photograph of my switch hookup.

f8bec3914657d1d34507965dd901e636.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
UPDATE:

I decided on an experiment. Completely bypassed the solo node and hooked the two coaxial cables together.

Get all the channels and satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)