Upgrade Question HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anderson111

Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Later today I am going to call retention and attempt to negotiate a good deal for an upgrade. On my primary set I want to move up to an HR20 HD-DVR. My second set is HD and I want to upgrade to the most current HD receiver that will get HD locals and all the upcoming new HD channels (not necessarily a DVR) On this set now I have an HD receiver on the 3LNB dish that gets limited channels. Will this receiver work with the new channels, MPEG4 ??? Or what model should I ask for?

Also is there more than 1 type of dishes? Slimline? AT9? What is the difference? Advantages?

Later today I am going to call retention and attempt to negotiate a good deal for an upgrade. On my primary set I want to move up to an HR20 HD-DVR. My second set is HD and I want to upgrade to the most current HD receiver that will get HD locals and all the upcoming new HD channels (not necessarily a DVR) On this set now I have an HD receiver on the 3LNB dish that gets limited channels. Will this receiver work with the new channels, MPEG4 ??? Or what model should I ask for?

Also is there more than 1 type of dishes? Slimline? AT9? What is the difference? Advantages?

The only mpeg4 boxes are the HR20 dvr and H20 receiver. They are made by more than one manufacturer, so there are different suffix codes in the model number. There are two dishes that are 5 lnb, but it seems that the Slimline (AU9) is the only one being installed now. There may be some AT9's still around somewhere, though. Either work well, although some prefer the look of the Slimline.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PLUS DVR R15-300 skips?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)