Upgrade Required To Watch Olympics Onine?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pete K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
This reeks! If you are a Dish subscriber who wants to watch "live" Olympic competition online at NBCOlympics.com, you are out of luck unless you subscribe to
America's "Top 200" or above. When you attempt to log on at NBCOlympics.com, you receive a message asking you to verify that you subscribe to a cable or satellite service. According to NBC: "This is required ONLY for viewing live competition & full-event replays on NBCOlympics.com during Vancouver Games." If you decline to upgrade, you get a message saying "Don't worry, you can still watch highlights..etc." Viewers who watch NBC OTA are also shut out of the "live" streams. This is just wrong.

The live online coverage consists mainly of hockey and curling. The rest of the sports will be on-demand as much of it will find its way onto the network broadcasts and they usually don't stream something they have planned to show at some point on TV. I agree it is morally wrong but they do this to make sure all the providers (or in our case, satellite customers) pick up the extra coverage on the cable channels (I know some local cable systems have passed on this in the past because they did not want to pay the increased fees NBC was asking).

it's not Dish's fault, but I'm sure some people will try and make it look like it is... :rolleyes: ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)