upgrade to 6FT.dish..i am ready

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi, guys.i have been into fta now about 2 weeks,i have gotten my feet wet and have came to know that there is not a whole lot of english channels on ku band,but i still love the world of fta satellite.I want to move on to a 6foot c band dish,and wanted to know since i live in the almost exstreme south would a 6 footer benefit me where i would be satisfied with what i could get with a 6footer,i am currently running a 39" dish which is o.k. but i need more.You guys have helped me so much until i am amazed at there are still good people out there....like i said i love this stuff:D

2 nd on the 6' dish. After mini bud for 5+ years I wonder why I didn't just replace the patriot that Ivan destroyed

Since you're in la and will see a storm before I do, set it up so you can take it down when something like Ivan comes through. I notched the post mount with a hacksaw blade and witness mark so I can quickly take down and replace and be back in service as quick as possible. Lesson learned the hard way

....came to know that there is not a whole lot of english channels on ku band....

There is a lot of English channels on KU band. If your on a static mount and stuck on 97W then you have a point. With a motor and being able to swing the dish there is a lot of stuff up there available for the picking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts