upgrade to 6FT.dish..i am ready

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi, guys.i have been into fta now about 2 weeks,i have gotten my feet wet and have came to know that there is not a whole lot of english channels on ku band,but i still love the world of fta satellite.I want to move on to a 6foot c band dish,and wanted to know since i live in the almost exstreme south would a 6 footer benefit me where i would be satisfied with what i could get with a 6footer,i am currently running a 39" dish which is o.k. but i need more.You guys have helped me so much until i am amazed at there are still good people out there....like i said i love this stuff:D

2 nd on the 6' dish. After mini bud for 5+ years I wonder why I didn't just replace the patriot that Ivan destroyed

Since you're in la and will see a storm before I do, set it up so you can take it down when something like Ivan comes through. I notched the post mount with a hacksaw blade and witness mark so I can quickly take down and replace and be back in service as quick as possible. Lesson learned the hard way

....came to know that there is not a whole lot of english channels on ku band....

There is a lot of English channels on KU band. If your on a static mount and stuck on 97W then you have a point. With a motor and being able to swing the dish there is a lot of stuff up there available for the picking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)