Upgrading a receiver to HD question (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Morganza

Jan 15, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
OK, I ordered and installed an HD DVR, an HD receiver and a SD receiver. I now want to return the SD receiver and replace it with an HD receiver. In addition to the $99 for the receiver, they want to charge me another $50 for an " upgrade fee". This is not for an installer, it's an upgrade fee. I asked the guy what if I wanted to just return the SD receiver, how would they do that. He said they would send a return kit. No $50 fee. I asked why couldn't I just do that and order the HD receiver separately online. He said the price would "be the same", whatever that means. His english was poor and hard to understand so I cut it short.

I guess what I want to know is, can I send back the SD and get an HD receiver without paying the $50 fee?

I read another thread that said you can just lease one via BestBuy for $99. I guess I could do that too, and send back the SD box.

Thanks.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
OK, I ordered and installed an HD DVR, an HD receiver and a SD receiver. I now want to return the SD receiver and replace it with an HD receiver. In addition to the $99 for the receiver, they want to charge me another $50 for an " upgrade fee". This is not for an installer, it's an upgrade fee. I asked the guy what if I wanted to just return the SD receiver, how would they do that. He said they would send a return kit. No $50 fee. I asked why couldn't I just do that and order the HD receiver separately online. He said the price would "be the same", whatever that means. His english was poor and hard to understand so I cut it short.

I guess what I want to know is, can I send back the SD and get an HD receiver without paying the $50 fee?

I read another thread that said you can just lease one via BestBuy for $99. I guess I could do that too, and send back the SD box.

Thanks.

I don't think BB does that anymore, however ....you can order one directly from a site sponsor or elsewhere ...
Solidsignal usually has them in stock and get them to you quickly.

DIRECTV NEW H24 High Definition MPEG-4 Enabled Receiver 3D Ready (H-24) - DIRECTV - H24 - 185463000504

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts