Upgrading Dual reciever to a DVR Dual Reciever?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ajskhan

Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Currently I have:
Black dual receiver (regular)
$29.99 Dish Pack
Local channels $5
Connected to TWO TVs
--------------------
$35 + tax

I want to upgrade to a DVR - and I have called them, but I have gotten people in different countries that don't understand what I am saying and I have got varied responses.

I am one plus year into my contract and I get $100 off a new receiver (including DVRs).

1. I want to upgrade to a DUAL TV DVR, is this possible?
2. Anyone have any luck contacting the retentions dept of Dish? I would hope to get a close to free DVR...?
3. What would my monthly break down (see below) be if I kept the same plan, and same local channels?
4. What good does it do if I hook up my telephone line?
5. Would my monthly cost be as follows:
$29.99 Dish pack
$5 Local channels
$5.98 DVR fee
-----------------------
$41 + tax

Thanks

1. After 12 months since your install, you should be able to "Dish'n it Up" to the 625 receiver.

2. DISH is not D*. You don't have to threaten to leave to get something changed.

3. You'll add a $5.98 DVR fee at least

4. You'll avoid a possible $5 Extra Tuner fee (although if you have a 322 now and you aren't paying it, you're probably golden).

5. Unless you get nailed for the Extra Tuner fee.

Be very plain spoken about what you want. Tell them "I want to upgrade my receiver to a DVR". Don't tell them your life story or why it took you so long. They are following a script and if you get too far afield, they'll get lost and punt.

1. After 12 months since your install, you should be able to "Dish'n it Up" to the 625 receiver.

2. DISH is not D*. You don't have to threaten to leave to get something changed.

3. You'll add a $5.98 DVR fee at least

4. You'll avoid a possible $5 Extra Tuner fee (although if you have a 322 now and you aren't paying it, you're probably golden).

5. Unless you get nailed for the Extra Tuner fee.

Be very plain spoken about what you want. Tell them you want to upgrade your existing receiver to a DVR. Don't tell them your life story or why it took you so long. They are following a script and if you get too far afield, they'll get lost and punt.

You should ask about the DVR Advantage deal which may save you a few dollars. I think it can be added to the AT100 package.

stupid question - whats "D*"

All ye gots to say is you want to upgrade your 322 with a 625 and change your package to DVR advantage plan. "Bob" will say ok is it ok i put u on hold for few minutes sir? You say sure..... he does that a few more times and your all set.

D* = Directv
E* = Echostar/Dish Network
P* = Primestar
Comcrap = Comcast

Oh and how about an HD-DVR? I currently have a normal HD over-the-air antenna running to my HD-TV giving me all the local channels.

1. Can I somehow attach this to my HD-DVR (that i may get)?
2. Is there an extra/mo charge for HD dvr?

HD Channels are $20/month on top of whatever package you choose. If no HD pack, then $5.99 enabling fee applies to your HD dvr. DVR advantage is basically a package that includes a dvr fee and locals and to save you a couple of dollars a month. Yes you can hook the antenna to a HD reciever.

HD Channels are $20/month on top of whatever package you choose. If no HD pack, then $5.99 enabling fee applies to your HD dvr. DVR advantage is basically a package that includes a dvr fee and locals and to save you a couple of dollars a month. Yes you can hook the antenna to a HD reciever.
OK. SO:
1. HD Enabling is on top of DVR Fee?
2. Would plugging in my HD feed into a REGULAR DVR work?
3. How much mula would the DVR Advtg save me?

[sorry, accidentally did it 3x, it wouldn't load so I tried again and again, and again...

FYI

03)Mike M: We have a great promotion called DishDVR Advantage that bundles AT100 programming, your local channels, and one DVR service fee for the low price $39.99 a month and save even more when you sign up for 2 or more premium channels. All you have to do is to sign-up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing or an 18-month commitment. I can enroll you in DishDVR Advantage today!

Answering your questions above:

The HD enabling fee is in addition to the DVR fee, but it's only charged if you DON'T subscribe to Dish's HD channels, which is an additional $20 per month for a package of HD channels in addition to the normal SD channels you receive.

No, plugging your HD antenna into the standard DVR (625) won't work. There's no HD output.

DVR Avtg includes the DVR fee ($6) and locals ($5). Saves a couple dollars a month.

Ok, based on what you're asking, you have 2 options:

You can get the standard dual tuner/dual tv DVR (625) which will output to 2 regular (SD) tvs. This DVR has no HD output to get an hd signal to your HDTV, so you can't hook up your HD antenna or your HDTV. You can probably get the 625 under the dish'n it up promotion for free with rebate. You can keep the same programming package. You'll add a DVR enabling fee ($5.98), and if you do NOT keep it hooked to a phone line, you'll add a $5 access fee. If you DO keep it hooked to a phone line, they will waive the $5. A good deal is the DVR Advantage that includes the programming and the DVR fee and locals, that you were offered above, but it might extend your contract.

If you want to hook up your HDTV or HD antenna, you'll want to ask for the 722 HD DVR, which can output to one HDTV and another SD tv. With the promotion, it should be $99, and you can hook up your HD antenna. You can still use the DVR Advantage package as above (or your current package), and if you want Dish's HD channels, it's another $20 per month on top. If you don't want Dish's HD channels, but you just want to hook up your HD antenna, there is an HD enabling fee of about $6/mo for using an HD DVR but not subscribing to Dish's HD channels. You'll also want to keep it hooked to either a phone line or an ethernet in order to avoid the $5 phone access fee.

Answering your questions above:

The HD enabling fee is in addition to the DVR fee, but it's only charged if you DON'T subscribe to Dish's HD channels, which is an additional $20 per month for a package of HD channels in addition to the normal SD channels you receive.

No, plugging your HD antenna into the standard DVR (625) won't work. There's no HD output.

DVR Avtg includes the DVR fee ($6) and locals ($5). Saves a couple dollars a month.

Ok, based on what you're asking, you have 2 options:

You can get the standard dual tuner/dual tv DVR (625) which will output to 2 regular (SD) tvs. This DVR has no HD output to get an hd signal to your HDTV, so you can't hook up your HD antenna or your HDTV. You can probably get the 625 under the dish'n it up promotion for free with rebate. You can keep the same programming package. You'll add a DVR enabling fee ($5.98), and if you do NOT keep it hooked to a phone line, you'll add a $5 access fee. If you DO keep it hooked to a phone line, they will waive the $5. A good deal is the DVR Advantage that includes the programming and the DVR fee and locals, that you were offered above, but it might extend your contract.

If you want to hook up your HDTV or HD antenna, you'll want to ask for the 722 HD DVR, which can output to one HDTV and another SD tv. With the promotion, it should be $99, and you can hook up your HD antenna. You can still use the DVR Advantage package as above (or your current package), and if you want Dish's HD channels, it's another $20 per month on top. If you don't want Dish's HD channels, but you just want to hook up your HD antenna, there is an HD enabling fee of about $6/mo for using an HD DVR but not subscribing to Dish's HD channels. You'll also want to keep it hooked to either a phone line or an ethernet in order to avoid the $5 phone access fee.

Two regular should be fine [625]. Thks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)