Upgrading the second receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I presently have a HD DVR in living room and have a D12 in my computer room. I want to upgrade the receiver in the computer room from a D12 to the HD receiver but not the DVR. How much will Directv
charge me for the upgrade?

I assume that this will put my commitment back to 2 years. I don't care if it does. I have to have TV whether its cable or satellite and I like Directv so always will have a tv expense. I have only been with Directv since late April.

Lem52

It will re-up your commitment. I think the HD receivers are $99. However, if you have not received an upgrade in a while, they may do it for less, or even free. I just re-uped and they gave me an HR-23 for free. I have not gotten an upgrade since late 06 though. Give them a call, you never know what they may do.

You can get a brand new DIRECTV HD receiver from Best Buy for $99.
It will still be a leased unit, you won't own it.

If you call DIRECTV they'll send you one for the same price, but it probably be a used one.

You can get a brand new DIRECTV HD receiver from Best Buy for $99.
It will still be a leased unit, you won't own it.

If you call DIRECTV they'll send you one for the same price, but it probably be a used one.

It would be a referb, not used. I have heard that some of the refurbs are better than new. My H23 was a refurb replacement for an H20 that died. Been working great!

I have a refurbished HR20-700 in my living room. It hasn't given any problems so far. I may just buy the one from Best Buy then in order to get a new one. I got to get a 37 inch TV first though, in order to have HD in this room. Takes 2 men 2 handle the 36 inch Toshiba in here!

Lem52

Remember Costco has them HD-DVR for 169 leased

I am not interested in the DVR as I have one already. Don't see the need for two as the one we have is enough for both of us. My wife rarely records anything and I don't record much myself.

Lem52

Send DirecTV an email through their website. I did, got an HD DVR HR21-100 for 99.00. Brand new, not refurbished...(I got lucky)....

It would be a referb, not used. I have heard that some of the refurbs are better than new. My H23 was a refurb replacement for an H20 that died. Been working great!

If a box comes back to DIRECTV and it's broken it get's repaired (refurbished) maybe, they might just scrap the broken ones they get back.

If a customer cancels their DIRECTV account they have to send the boxes back in. If the returned boxes work there's no reason to refurbish them. They might wipe off the outside of the box with a damp rag then just put in it the used box pile to send back out to the customers.

There's no way they refurbish every box that get's returned. They don't replace the housing, or take the unit apart so they can soak everything in disinfectant, they don't lubricate the buttons on the box, or spray paint the boxes with nicks and scratches.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)