Upgrading the Sub soon :)

I've heard thats a good scene. I need rent or buy it. I throw it in my Netflix queue and test it out. I was just kinda wondering what are good SPL numbers, I dont know much about that. Just listening to the Iron Man 2 finale, I'm thinking those are pretty good.

So about 3.5m away. That means you're hitting give or take 10dB higher at 1m.

Was this just the sub or all speakers driven? Does it really matter at this point? ;)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, you got a point. That was with the entire 3.1 system running, with my klipsch towers and center crossed at 80.

It's good output am I should just quit measuring and enjoy.

Yepp. I decided to put the feet on today (its slick and slides to easy on carpet), so I'll rerun audyssey one more time tomorrow night and then leave it along until October, when the calibrator comes.

I may rerun Audyssey again in 2 weeks or so, Hsu recommends such after the woofer suspension gets worked in and frees up a little. I also found out why I could not measure the old sub db's, then this one, because Im relying on too many factors that are inconsistent. Just listening at low levels tonight for tv, you can def tell there is a new presence in the room.

yeah, he told me proper way to compare was see what spl each puts out at a given tone and THD. Makes sense :)

Virtually anyone will say the 15", unless having a problem, will offer more headroom and less THD at an SPL than a 12, generally. Its one big ass cabinet though LOL

Wow. Wife went out for a bit, so I was sitting around watching The Matrix on Cinemax. Once the shootout in the lobby kicked off, and the music came in, I literally cut my eyes over to the sub. I was kind of wondering for a moment why the sub was quiet. Well, I’m learning not to sit here and be expecting bass, because when there is supposed to be bass it will let me know LOL.

I’ve never heard the lobby scene like that, and I’ve literally seen this movie over 30 times, I mean it was bumping, and there are some real low notes in that song. Move on to the helicopter, as it slow mo’s down over the building out of sight, all I feel is thump…..thump…..thump as the propellers spin in slow motion. Once it crashes into the building and explodes, there is a good 3-5 seconds of tremendous bass. Finally, when the train comes thru the subway before the agent shows up, more chair vibrating bass.

I swear this may cost twice as much as my VTF2, but I think it’s at least 3 times the sub. It’s what I needed in this room, the bass is deep and powerful and I love it. It’s going to take a bit to get used too that’s for sure, especially as the 15” seems to have a little different, but better sound. Powerful is the only word I can use to describe it.

War of Worlds, Chapter 5, after ground rotates and then collapses

109.6db at 3 meters

Never seen a woofer move like that. I measured off today, and all my other movie db measurements above are 3 meters as well.

Last edited:
I like a little subtlety...

The opening of Unbreakable has some great low frequency content that is used to create a sense of foreboding instead of "shake and bake" ;)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I bet this will be super fun during a good scary flick. I watched Troll Hunter earlier, man the trolls growls and grumbles were great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)